Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
When I drink tea in Turkey I just add a drop of milk to Turkish tea - much better than Liptons!

I think it's the water too - that makes a difference to a cuppa. I've used Yorkshire Teabags out there, and they never taste quite the same as a cup of tea made over here.

Mind you, I'm more of a coffee drinker - and I still haven't found anywhere in Turkey that does a good coffee. I can't understand why! :?

Strawberry
We love the Turkish tea, but sometimes get strange looks when we ask for Turk Cay instead of just tea!
Kevin where is the police station? Random memory block here sorry :oops:

I love my cup of tea, but have never had a decent one in Icmeler yet :D
Hi Colette

Police station is near Eastenders not far for you to go for a cuppa from you hotel.
correct and they do great coffee as well.... several different blends and they grind the beans!
It's just somewhere totally different from the normal fun pubs and great for that time in the afternoon when you have finished with the beach but not ready for the evening.
Thanks Lynn and Kev, one last question, Do they do a nice brekkie to go with that cup of tea?
  • Edited by colette1 2007-08-24 13:16:06
i think they do, i saw someone have poached egg on toast while I was there and it looked great.... i will try and get some pics from the place.
Thanks Kevin, I am over in 4 weeks so will deffo be taking Dimrie for a decent brew :D
That will be nice Colette,looking forward to that.

Diane :D
You may both join me on my balcony for a special brew
Scouse flavoured, John. Amongst the most memorable meals in Icmeler.
You made us very welcome.
Marg
We (Colette,Ma and Pa) visited Karma many times when we were is Icmeler and Chelsae Boy is right they do serve a decent cuppa.We will be using this tearoom alot next year.

Diane :D
I agree, it was lovely, you can choose, Tetley, PG Tips, Yorkshire Tea to name a few, and they do a lovely breakfast of eggs ( poached, fried or scrambled) toast, mushrooms, tomatoes and beans or you can just have cereal or just have toast and Jam etc.

Tea comes in a pot and it's just like " Home from Home"

Thanks Kevin for pointing this little Karma haven out to us :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.