UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Have you tried looking on Top table Helen? I have used this site for a lot of places and I have not been disappointed yet. When we went to Chester last we ate both evenings at a pub called the red lion, not far from the travel lodge on Delamare Street. Obviously it's not the kind of place you were looking for for your nice treat but I would recommend you pay it a visit even if it's just for lunch.Very nice homemade traditional food, massive potions, great service. They also have a restaurant menu so you can eat more up market or in the bar. They have an extensive wine menu and some great guest beers. After trying out the bar menu the evening of our arrival in Chester, we enjoyed so much we went back the following evening and ate in the restaurant. :tup
Never heard of Top Table, so I'll look it up. :tup I have been on T A and found a few with good reviews. I've only just realised that we'll be there on Valentines day, so will book a table at somewhere nice for that night.
There is a marco pierre white restaurant in Chester if you want to push the boat out, its had some great reviews may be worth a look at a sample menu for range and prices. :)
Is there any particular food you are looking for, Italian, Chinese, French, Indian etc.

Also where are you staying I can them maybe recommend some of my favourites.

Dave
We're staying at the Mill Hotel, and we enjoy all types of food :tup - there's not much we won't eat. Any recommendations for a lunchtime snack would be appreciated as well.
Looks a super place Helen with a great menu :) we will be in Goa for Valentine night
you have just made me realise i should book a nice restaurant :cheers
annx
That looks fab Helen, you will have to tell me what it is like as I am going to Chester for Shane the sons, 21st birthday, just the four of us and if you enjoyed I will book to go there on his birthday night.
I have just checked helent and the hotel that the other half has booked for may is the mill the same one that you are staying at in Feb! I hope you make a good report.
When hubby & I were in Chester August 2007 with my parents, we had early evening meal in a restaurant called 'The Slug & Lettuce', it's on Bridge Street. We found it by going off the main shopping street as my parents weren't prepared the prices that places there were charging. Hubby & I were only in Chester for the afternoon/evening before getting the train to Holyhead to get the ferry to Dublin.
Two nice restaurants - Hickorys Smokehouse and Upstairs at the Grill. My son is eating at these two whilst in Chester.
A lady at work lives in Chester and she mentioned Upstairs at the Grill.
Enjoy............
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.