UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Hi mililly - we stayed at the Mill and really enjoyed. http://www.millhotel.com/?gclid=CPnXxLWbs6oCFQkf4QodJXir7g
It's in a lovely location just 5 mins walk into the centre of Chester. It had a pool and it's own little barge which you could go up the canal on. Par of the hotel is situated on one side of the canal, then the other part is on the otherside, linked by a short walkway. I'm not sure what sort of price you want to pay, but there was an offer on when we stayed. Well worth a look at!
Hiya

Thanks for that a friend has stayed there aswell bit over my budget but will check and see if any offers on.
Hi I can recommend The Elms Hotel a couple of miles outside Chester on the Sealand road,great place and the food is homecooked,we always go here for a night out.They dont have a website,just google it for the address and location,phone No,very reasonably priced,nobody would be disappointed with this place.They do a fantastic Chateau Brianne for 2 at £28.75. :wave:
I can recommend the Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse, especially if you can get a good rate through either their own website or Late Rooms.
Went to chester last weekend. All depends on what ur after but we stayed at the travell lodge delamare street which is at the top of the street running through the centre. It was the cleanest and well kept travel lodge i have stayed at it was great as not even a 5 min walk to the centre. Great upmarket pub the redlion 2 min walk away which does great food tat a good price. Im quite fussy so dont think cheap travel lodge, its a great position with good staff in reach of everything. would go back tomorow. went there to visit cheshire oaks designer shopping village to buy clothes 4 my holiday 2 barbados week friday!!! great bargins loved it.
Has anyone stayed here please- St Davids De Vere Village hotel? I'm only concerned with the location - is it within walking distance of the centre?
Sort of, Helen, but it would take a good 2 hours at a brisk walking pace! If it's the one I know of it's not in Chester at all but just over the border into Wales at Ewloe so is about 6/7 miles from the city centre. I know that they advertise it as Chester but it's some distance from the city and as an ex-resident of Chester I'd say that their '15mins drive' into the city is a bit optimistic too! The other De Vere hotel which they also advertise as 'Chester' is probably nearer 13 miles away! Their approach to describing the location of their hotels seems to be the same as Ryanair re the location of their airports :rofl

SM
Thanks for that - I'll cross that off my list then :tup
Just booked the Mill hotel & Spa again, for 3 nights over half term :tup
Think you've made a good choice there, Helen. I've never stayed myself because I usually stay with old friends if in the area but the location would be hard to improve on unless you stayed at the Grosvenor!

SM
Yes - I like the location, close enough to everything, yet away from the major hustle and bustle. Just have to decide whether to drive or go on the train now.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.