UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Hi hun, I use metcheck and netweather to give me a rough idea :) Hope you don't think I'm been rude with my response, I'm not :whoops But that's what I use
Hi Helen, amongst all the really parochial news (I'd forgotten just how parochial the Chester Chronicle is!) the website for the local paper gives a 5 day weather forecast at

http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/chester-news/chester-weather/

It currently only goes up to Friday and suggests no more snow by then but that it will be cold with a high of 3C during the day and low of -3C during the night so better pack those thermals!

SM

PS No indication if there is still lying snow but knowing the Chronicle it would if there was :D
Hi Tarry - I use metcheck too, but sometimes a little local knowledge is helpful. I just wanted to know if there was anyone local on here, who would be able to tell me what it's like there at the moment. SMa - thanks for that link I'll keep an eye on it over the weekend - I'd bettr wash the thermals then, cos they're in use down here in Wales at the moment :D
I pased through Chester on Monday afternoon - no obvious snow but thick fog to the south well into Wales- and I don't remember seeing that on anyone's forecast!
I live near Chester. There has been no snow here, just frost, even though they have had it North and South of here.

Enjoy your trip. :)
Thanks Steve & Tosca - that's put my mind at ease. I can look forward now. :tup
Helen
About 15 minutes drive from here and just very, very cold.
Might be in Chester myself on Monday as hubby is off and we may go and do a bit of shopping - love Chester.
Thanks Irene - it's very cold here too - I don't mind that so much, I can muffle up.
Just had a look at that link Sma and it's showing it dry every day while I'm there. :tup Thank you
A lot milder today about 6 degrees but cloudy. Enjoy Chester Helen - I know you will, what have you got planned?
Nothing really Irene, other than to relax
Weather forecast 6 - 8 degrees for the first part of the week.
Just a couple of ideas that you may like/enjoy
A walk along the city walls.
Chester Musuem - and its free.
Shopping in Chester itself and if you have a car and need more retail therapy a trip to Chesire Oaks (outlet village) and only about 8 - 10 mins drive away.
Have a great time. :wave:
All those will probably be pon the cards Irene. I'd love to go to Cheshire Oaks, but can't see hubby wanting to go there - he hates shopping, unless it's for tools :que
There's pubs there Helen, he can go and sit in one while u shop. Had some great stuff there for my hols last year
Try Hickory's Smokehouse on the Groves on the banks of the river Dee near to the bandstand ( you can incorporate this with the walk around the city walls if you wish as you can come down off the walls just 100yds or so from the restaurant.) Last time we were there the food and the service was good - barbecued American style food - and the wine was o.k. too. ;)
Choose seats overlooking the river for a scenic and relaxing afternoon; the pleasure boats are unlikely to be operating but the swans are always there.
Just come home from my Mums and it is deffo milder tonight, so you should be fine. Not usually much different here in Liverpool.
Tell him theres a black and decker shop in Cheshire Oaks!
:rofl If there was a shop there selling screwdrivers, he'd be there like a shot Denny :que
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.