Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Hi Barry,
Lagos attracts most age ranges from retired couples to families and also backpackers from Oz and Canada ( which is strange, really, as I've never thought of it as a backpackers' resort, but they seem to love the place, as does almost everyone who has been to Lagos !!). True, there are bars which cater for the younger holidaymaker, but these are usually very friendly and polite youngsters and you don't get gangs of drunks rolling around the place;the town is well policed and there's rarely any trouble.That's one of the delights of Lagos -you can walk back to your hotel in the early hours of the morning without having to keep an eye out for trouble so it's 24 hour relaxation.
There are loads of good and some great restaurants in town and the beach bars often have menus which would put our established restaurants to shame; some nice bars and restaurants also line the Marina.The local people are so friendly and welcoming and you're almost certain to make new friends-(we send as many Christmas cards to Lagos as we do to the U.K. now !!)
Lagos is at the western end of the Algarve railway system, so you can easily access eastern parts of the Algarve; at Tunes in the central Algarve, the line connects with the South-North line and Lisbon is a three hour ride away.Alternatively there is a direct bus service between Lagos and Lisbon, should you prefer that mode of travel and there is also a daily service to Seville.Closer to home trips are available locally to all of the Algarve's attractions from waterparks to the rugged and breathtaking scenery of the far western coast. If you'd like a copy of a daytrips brochure ( prices will be a little out of date as it's last years' copy), just send me your e-mail address by personal message and I'll gladly scan it and send you a copy.
Many thanks Sagres. The more I look in to Lagos, the better it sounds. I've only been to the Algarve once but loved it. Thanks again for the advice.
hi barry
look in the thompsons main brochure
were ever you stay on the algarve there is history attached to the area
they also run a good bus service to were aver you want to visit
hope this helps
smiler36
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.