Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Places are really only just starting to open now for the season so it's a bit diffficult to say what prices will be. A pint of lager is usually about 3 euros and a long drink e.g. gin and tonic,bacardi and cola about 4 euros.With the rotten exchange rate that seems quite a lot but the spirit measures are far larger than ours so maybe you need less drinks!! :cheers Not very helpful, sorry.
Hi Sooze
Have been going to Lindos for many years am giving it a miss this year because it is
expensive there, I really wouldn't bank on Lindos dropping it's prices some resorts might
but not Lindos they're quite happy with the amount of trade they do with visiting daytrippers.
Rick
Price in Lindos are HIGHER than anywhere else on Rhodes. We know of Tavernas in Rhodes Town , Faliraki & villages where you can have a FOUR course meal for 7 @ half to 9 euros. We rarely have to pay for drinks as usually are on the house. Have sometimes been to one taverna just for main course , then gone to another for FREE desserts.
We'll have to try and find some back street places then off the beaten track, or drink on our balcony every night!!
Sooze, Lindos isn't really that expensive it's just not cheap and each to their own but they'd have to pay me to holiday in Faliraki no matter how reasonable prices are ;)

I'll let you know if there any changes to prices this year, though i too would be pretty surprised. That said though i only spend £750 a fortnight (that's just me) which works out at less than £55 a day. Doesn't sound cheap but i never eat in and i'm never back before 3am, in fact my nights sometimes last until 6am the following morning! So out of that i'm getting breakfast or a snack on the beach, a sunbed on the beach, soft drinks during the day, a good 2 course dinner with wine, a LONG evening of drinking and more often than not food after the club.

I really don't think that's bad at all, i can blow £60 on a night out in London and all i'm getting there is my drinks. :sun2
to marcuschap72. There is more to Faliraki beyond Bar Street.If you dont want to party stay away from Bar Street. You blow 60 pounds on a night out in London. We live in Oxford just now, & have been to London 3 times. twice to visit a daughter who lived there briefly , & once to see a show. To us London is HELL on earth. So to each their own. We fell in love with Faliraki 16 years ago & on 28th May we are retiring there to live.
£750 is reasonable, we usuaully do £1500 between the two of us, and like you eat out and drink out. Thanks for your advice.
Oh, i know there's more to Faliraki tpebop in fact i've always said that the bad press it used to get was all hype. I've even recommended the resort to people that i think will like it but for me it's charmless, as you say, each to their own :sun2
Well said Marcus. There can be no comparison between Lindos and Faliraki.I stay with friends in Koskinou but spend most evenings in the town as they have a bar in Bar St.I probably spend a bit less than you as we eat at home after the bar closes but still don't find Rhodes too expensive.Only a few more days before you go and a week for me. Have a great time, I know I will.
I forget the name of your friends' bar Anne, i always do a night in Rhodes town and wondered if i'd been in? Rhodes night is the 11th this year, a meal in the Old Town then a party in Orfandinou before catching a few hours sleep at my old faithful, Alexia :cheers .

Yes, have a great holiday too... you're only a few days behind me!
The bar is Pete's Pub though I think he wants to change it to Pete's Bar this year.It's really a bar for older folk (like me!)They opened last week but the Town is very quiet as yet.Did you know Margerita and Costas have both retired from the Alexia?It won't be the same there without them!
Wow that will be strange, they were there when i first stayed for work back in 1994!
I thought they were part of the foundations!!!
Sooze

If you have never done the Greek Islands then this won't help but we found Cyprus to be more expensive than Rhodes but Corfu was on a par with Rhodes.

Last year we took €350 Euros each and the car hire and RhodesRocks tickets came out of that. We were self catering and ate out for all meals so I definately don't consider Rhodes to be hellishly expensive. That said the poor £/€ exchange rate is going to make everything look expensive.

Dave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.