General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Adaptors help
7 Posts
I think you will be able to buy a multiple adapter at the airport. I use a CPAP machine every night, and need to charge my phone and camera battery.

I travelled all over the US last year and found that an adapter not only made my appliances work with no problems at all, but when the adapter was plugged into a multiple French adapter (because I live in France and all my appliances have French plugs) I had no problems charging my phone, battery and using my CPAP all at the same time.

You may be able to get the correct adapter at Argos or other shops with a travel department, and my experience invites you to go for it, and not spend any more time worrying.
I got a travel adaptor a few years ago at Boots. It's a universal one with about four different socket adapters. It cost £15 but it has been worth it.
Hi all

Thanks Alsacienne for your info. It looks like all except perhaps the curling tongs will be ok. CazzMicknTom, I think the adaptor I have is the same as you describe so, hopefully, all should be good to go.

Thanks again

Derek :D
Hi all got this site some time back it might help you it gives all the voltages and plugs world wide

http://kropla.com

then click on plug guild in the world wide guild box in the middle hope this helps you
Hi Chubby

There certainly is a wealth of information on that web site. I shall check it out to see if i need to get anything else. Thanks again

Derek :lol:
Hi there.

If you have a look on ebay for a "step up adapter" this should suit your needs with regards to GHD's etc. This item enables appliances to be used at the correct voltage, which means that straightening irons will heat up properly.

David
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.