Italy, Rivieras and Islands Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Italy, Rivieras and Islands.
hi im going to the Admiral Hotel at the end of July ?? Has anyone been here before and if so what is it like ?? Cant see any reviews of it on the site ??

Cheers
Hello

We've booked the same hotel but for next year - it looks great on the Thomsons web site and looks like it'll suit us perfectly, so we booked early to make sure we got it!

Please let us know how you go on - to be honest, if reviews are grim we know that we'll have the chance to swap if need be.

We have found reviews / photos on other sites - dunno if it'd ok to post them - don't think it isn't!:

http://www.holidaysuncovered.co.uk

http://www.key2italy-holidays.co.uk

http://www.venere.com
hi thanks for getting back to me .. looked at those websites and they were good !!

will let you know when i get back ?

Cheers
Be very careful with Hotel Admiral...we went to Sorrento last year and we booked through Venere at a really good rate. A couple of weeks before we left I checked our reservation (having received an email confirmation when we booked) and they said it was fully booked, it was a mistake and we could not stay in the hotel! Glad I checked before we left, and I reckon they just sold the room I booked to someone else who paid the full price! If you are staying in Sorrento, there is only one hotel I would stay in, Hotel de la Ville, fab location and amazing food, booked just the hotel through Cresta holidays half board - best food I've ever had, check the reviews on trip advisor!
Thanks for the warning.

We've booked through Thomsons so I'm hoping that they have rooms that they keep! (ha ha ha)

:roll:
If anyone has stayed at this hotel please post a review HERE

luci :wave
Yes please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wink:
Hi there
Well I tried to book this hotel last year for May 2005 and was told that it had been withdrawn from the Direct Holidays brochure, even though this had just come out...
We stayed at the Hotel Continental and it was fabulous!!!
Great location and great food/wine!
We loved Sorrento and would go back tomorrow if we could....... :lol:
HI, am hoping that someone who has been here can help with the following:

The last time we stayed in Sorrento we were at teh other end of town so we are wondering if there is a supermarket near to this hotel where we can buy snacks and bottled water -

Similarly, is it ok to take drinks purchased outside the hotel into the hotel - if you see what we mean ---- I know that a lot of hotel in Italy don't allow this -

Any other comments re the hotel would also be welcome!

Many thanks

:lol:
There is a supermarket on via Capo, a short way past, and on the same side as, Hotel Ascot. From Marina Grande, walk or bus up to the main road then turn in the direction away from the town centre.
There is also a reasonable mini-market nearly opposite where the road from Marina Grande reaches the top.
I have not stayed at the Admiral but I think it is a popular hotel. I'm sure you will enjoy your stay.
regards
Peter.
Thanks for that - the last time we stayed at the Carlton which is right at the other end of the town and only know the eateries / places to get water etc from that end of town. We have walked from there to the Marina Grande in the past so know how far it is ------ am just hoping we wont regret it after a bottle of vino and pasta!!!

:lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.