Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
It wouldn't surprise me if it was required, although, I can't think what additional information they will gain from yet another form. The info on our visa application exceeds the requirement for any API I have seen for any other country. So, If they require some of it to be duplicated, I guess we will need to rehash the information we have already provided and you will need to show your passport to yet another official at the airport on arrival!!
As I have just commented on another thread API would be the way forward for Goa.

Then they could have visa on arrival and many more visitors.

Of course it would put a few form stampers out of work at the airport but I am sure they could come up with another form for us to fill in.

Papa
We have flights booked with Tickets to India and are flying with BMI/Kingfisher Man/LHR/BOM/GOA our booking acknowledgement refers to Advanced Passenger Information (API) and requests that we supply various details including copies of the photo page from passports, they state this applies to passengers traveling to the USA, Caribbean, Canada, Spain & India.

I have flown to Spain with easyjet many times and have for quite some time had to supply this information but not the copy of the passports

It appears that the information has to be obtained by the airlines, this allows relevant authorities to make checks to identify anyone who may be a potential threat. this is forwarded to the Customs and Border Protection Agency before your flight departs.

So it looks more of a Uk requirement on flights to countrys they think are most at risk, I phoned BMI yesterday and was told that they did not need this API information for the flight, but will check with Kingfisher as well just to be certain

More info here http://www.britishairways.com/travel/imminfo/public/en_gb
We are flying with Kingfisher in two weeks - Have swine flu forms but not the ones you are talking about.
will check with Kingfisher as well just to be certain

Anyone contacted kingfisher about this yet?

GM06
Ian
Just had a look on the Q&A on the Southall Travel website and it gave the following advice.

"Most of the information can be collected by most passports through a reader at check-in.
However, collection of some new information at the check-in would result in longer queues slowing down the check-in for flights.
Hence Advance passenger Information is collected in advance at the time of booking"

GM06
Ian
We received an email from Jewel in the Crown with an API form as an attachment which we have to fill in and email it back to them asap. I gather they then forward the information onto the Home Office.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.