Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Quite agree. Just wrote a reply and pressed to confirm and all was lost, plus all stuck and could not do anything so I had to turn off the computer! Why does this happen?
We are having intermittent problems with slowness on the site, but if you are patient and wait a while the post usually appears.

luci :wave
Glad it's not just us who are getting the requests for 5* on a 2* budget. :yikes
Will write a more detailed reply later.
Hello again.

It's a very difficult lates season for us at the minute.
As leisurelad said, there is very little availability and what is left is at top dollar for good quality accomodation. Every other call wants an all inclusive and any hotel worth it's star ratings has already sold it's allocation of rooms. This is not caused by more people travelling, but by less rooms being available.. for example... I travelled to Aghios Gordios in Corfu at Whitsun time. We were told by the apartment owner than Thomson had pulled out of the resort completely and Manos who had previously had 250 beds per week in the resort now had a grand total of 60. The travel companies have played this recession to their advantage, the crafty so and sos that they are.

When you call and ask for a cheap holiday it's not that we don't want to sell you one for that price, (and neither are we "ripping you off") it's that we can't afford to discount anymore.

My tip is book early and save up. It may cost you a little more, but at least when August next year rolls around you won't be left disappointed in the rainy UK.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.