Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I suggest you contact Ros Fernihough who assist our members on this forum. She is a Travel Law lawyer and is well know to the Tour Operators.

Do not accept any offer of compensation until you have spoken to Ros. She may be reached on 01922 621114 during office hours.
can you give a few more details? i work in the food industry so maybe able to help you but just abit confused by what you are saying :lol:
you have to prove negligence of the behalf of the hotel and well need proof that it was in actual fact the hotels food which made you ill. ie were you the only one affected out of your family and of the hotel.
yes i was the only one out of my family who was ill, but i also understand i could not prove it was the hotel at fault, but first choice have offered me a £200 holiday voucher which i have accepted, they first offered me a cheque for £100 but when i said i would accept a voucher they increased the offer to £200, which suits me because i have a holiday to cuba with first choice which i'am still paying so i can use it for that.
If you were AI you do stand a better chance of claiming especially if there are others in the hotel who are ill.

With First Choice offering you any form of good will/compensation sounds a bit iffy to me. In these cases when the T/O comes back with an offer you are far better seeking the advice of a Travel Law Lawyer before accepting.
I sympathise! I have personal experience of this. Unfortunately gastroenteritus does not mean food poisoning as I have now found out. For a claim to succeed you need to get the hospital to do specific tests and diagnose food poisoning.

I could prove I have not left the hotel as you had to sign in and out and only eat their food. In hospital for 5 days. The head chef came to visit me in hospital to apologise for the hotel food! :shock:

Claim for compensation was refused at every turn by Thomson. :evil:
Hi, im in the process of a complaint with first choice over an awful holiday experience at the Sun Tropical Holiday Village in Lanzarote, we went 27 July 05, we all (except the baby who was eating baby jars) had terrible sickness and diarroah, on the last day my partner also had the doctor visit him twice for anti sickness injections and we were only given the all clear to fly home on hour before the coach arrived. First choice have refused us compensation of any kind (the food posioning wasnt just one of many problems we encountered on this holiday) and have basically laughed at our complain, they even have called me by a different name in the letter. We have been told that if we think the hotelier is at fault then we need to contact their legal department and send all proof of the illness, which is hard as that has all been sent to the insurance company for reinbursement. We noticed whilst eating in the restuarant that the food was never hot and left out for ages. We only went for one week and out of 7 meal times we spent 3 as a family dining together due to one of the family being ill.
Hi Jellybabie
So sorry to hear about your hassles. This kind of thing ruins holidays as you can't leave your room because you are all in need of the loo. I really hope you are all feeling better but would advise a quick trip to the docs if some of you are still having tum upsets.

Hope you get some sort of compensation for the upsets you have obviously suffered. But i'm not very good on travel law but I know someone on this site will have sound advice for you about that.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.