Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
If you're looking for a romantic break, then I would thoroughly reccommend Sanorini. We stayed at Kamari, which had excellent bus links to all other parts of the island. The sunsets at Thira & Oia are to die for. Entertainment is low key at night, mostly centred on a nice meal & a bottle of wine at one ot the numerous beacfront restaurants. There are hardly any English style pubs.
have a look at finadouka (never 100% certain of the spelling). Its on the mainland, as far south as you can go. It was very quiet when we went last year. most of the hotels are on or very close to the beach. food was great with many places to choose from and very friendly service.
Hi..Thanks Helen, Kamari is the place we are going to next June/July...Read so many reviews on it, and no one says a bad thing..Am looking forward to going to a proper little Greek place, and no english bars in sight!! Fantastic!! give me little greek tavernas anytime..not been to Greece for a few years...so am looking forward to it..
Tracey.. :tup
Sandy beaches . . . yes, Finikounda. I live there in the summer. A busy and lively place for six weeks in high summer, when a couple of local late night bars open up. The rest of the time - about 16 restaurants and tavernas, six bars, one 'beer shop' which plays 1970s to 1990s music. Four long sandy beaches, some superb self catering studios close to the sea for about €80 a night, or village rooms with shower/loo and fridge for €40 a night.

Out of season it's a farming village, population 600, so, small.

Lots more about the place, how to get there, what to do when you're there, accommodation etc on my web site.

JimB
http://www.jimbaerselman.f2s.com
Lots about Greece . . .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.