Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
Well folks ain't really got the answers to the questions I asked, so taken the easy option and booked The Marina Suites in Puerto Rico.
Read the reviews on here, nothing negative at all, so bring it on.
Guess Porto Mogan is only going to be a day trip to suss it out.
Al,

Pueto Mogan is a pretty quiet town except on market days but very picturesque

I would say that a 12 year old boy would be bored rigid, Puerto Rico has so much more going on and is more lively

Lots of bars and resteraunts in both towns and prices aren't bad

Fraid I cant comment on the hotel as I dont know it.

Puerto Mogan is well worth a visit and is cheap to get to by Bus, Taxi or water Taxi

Have fun
hi
i think you made the right choice. Puerto Rico is better, as theres more to do. you are well situated with these apartments. as the last post said , go to mogan on market day, or little Venice, as its often called. its beautiful, but small. P.R...yes you will enjoy :) :) :)
What day is market day in Mogan, and which is the best market to go to?
I'm trying to remember, but think is Friday in mogan...thats the one we always go to, and its a fair size. :) :)
You're right, it is on Friday, and well worh a visit. I just got back from GC on Monday, and had been at the market a few days previously. Lots to see and buy, some of the traders were very pushy, it got very irritating at times, however, the majority were very friendly, and I got some brilliant gifts.

Remember not to accept the first price - a purse I was going to buy went from 30 euros to 6, in the space of 30 seconds!! It was a same in the commercial centre, my BF bought a casio watch for 20 Euros, knocked down from 59!
Definitely...Go to Puerto Rico and we have been there when the Marina Apts., were under construction. In a beautiful spot and they look lovely. Cannot go wrong in Puerto Rico. :D :D
I just got back at the weekend from Mogan, stayed at the fab Cordial Mogan Playa will do a report in a while, but it was the most relaxing holiday we have had. The hotel was just the business, food was wonderful, you would be hard pushed to find a fault. The drink prices were pricey, but supermarket just outside the comples so plenty of balcony drinking :lol:

We went this time for pure chill out and that is what we got, Mogan is very small but there seems to be a lot of building going on so I imagine it will become more built up in the coming years. We have a 13 yr old who I think would have enjoyed it there as there were plenty of activities on site for both younger and older kids

And after all my horror at the shocking weather reports week before we went, they were unfounded as the weather was smashing.

Tirl
Thanks for your feedback folks, looking forward to it already.

will definitely pay a visit to Peurto Mogan to see its suitability for a later holiday. Am I right in saying you can take the bus from Puerto Rico to Mogan, and then take a ferry back ?
Yes that's right, it's around 3euro's for two adults to take the bus, and 11euro's for two to return on the ferry.
Hi, puerto de mogan is a lovely place...but very sedate, as you say it would be a good idea to take a water taxi trip (bus ride is pretty hair raising round the bends) then you can assess if you think you actually want to stay there at a later holiday.

Lovely place tho' but you will probably have done it all in less than a day, so will give you chance to go sit outside a bar next to the marina.

Steve
Went on family SC holiday in Maspalomas for a week two Aprils ago. Had a lovely day out at Puerto Mogan and an excellent evening meal in a marina-side resturant which was owned by a German lady. Top notch food in a lovely setting.

Kids were probabably 10 & 8 then. Went for a week and had a car for middle three days. Will go back hopefully sometime as I think it is OK for older kids especially if your lucky with the complex you pick, so your 12 year old should be fine. There is a water park which we didnt manage to do and Palmitos Park which we did visit and thoroughly enjoyed and I would imagine if there for two weeks you could get to the capital. Its called Palma I think. You have done the right thing staying in a larger resort.

We had a brill holiday despite staying in the Sonemar apartments which are regularly slated on various forums. (although they may have had a refurb by now which was most peoples grip.) Getting a good price often changes your perspective on an accommodation :!: :!: :!: :wave :wave :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.