Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
LiggyB

In my humble opinion Marmaris is the place for you and the kids. It is a lively resort but has its quieter areas too. While the beach is not the best in Marmaris there is extensive watersports and plenty of good hotels all along the front. If you want a better beach try Icmeler but while still a lively resort certainly not on the scale of Marmaris. No matter where you choose you will not regret going to Turkey.

Wilson ;)
I suggest to you Barut Lara Beach
Wonderful resort en perfect for kids!

Jeroen
Unauthorised Signature removed.
Thanks for your replies. Now I've got an idea of resorts I can really start searching out the holidays!!

Cheers! :tup
Has to be Marmaris also for me, But its three times the size of Magalluf, More to do, and a helluva lot cheaper also, Providing you read up on that part before you go.
i dont agree that the lara beach area is really lively, its mainly hotel based. if you want lively then marmaris, icmeler, kusadasi somewhere like that would be more suitable
LiggyB

Have a look at Altinkum. Its a nice resort and nowhere near the size of Marmaris. Think it would be more suitable for you with children of 5 and 9.
I would do alot of research on the resorts, personally if Marmaris had been the first Turkish resort I went to I would never have gone back to Turkey. Before I get attacked for that view I know millions love it.Someone I used to work with goes every year and loves it.
Lara is not lively but the hotels are all 5 star luxury and have everything included and even have waterslide/parks and some have funfairs so it is not a sedate boring holiday far from it. All the non motorized water sports are included and there are activities for all ages should you wish. We went to Turkey the first time 10 years when my son was five and we have been going regularly since but more so in the last few years because it is excellent value for money compared to other European destinations. We have been having carribean holidays mingled in but for value Turkey wins hands down.

We only ever go all-inclusive!!

The beauty of lara beach is the short transfer time,worth considering with kids!! when we went to some areas in turkey the journey was as much as 2 hours to some areas that we have been to.
I agree, look at all the different places before you choose. I personally don't like Marmaris either, it is very big and busyand I think if I had gone there first I wouldn't have gone back either! Have a look in some books though and also at Icmeler as I think that is a bit smaller and a lot of people recommend it there.

I used to live near Bodrum and there are some lovely places round there too, Gumbet is the liveliest, lots of water sports and things to do and plenty of hotels, bars and restaurants. There are also other places but you said you wanted somewhere lively so I think gumbet would be good. If you like the look of it let me know and I will recommend some hotels for you.

I'm sure you will love Turkey wherever you choose.

Kedi
altinkum for me its got a fun fair for the kids and lovley beaches

suzie :)
Gumbet is very lively, plenty of water sports, nightlife, restaurants. We stayed at the baba hotel- it was b&b, not posh, basic rooms, but clean with friendly staff. It's one of the best holidays we've had (we've travelled quite a bit)! Out of the front door is bar street, loads of pubs, clubs, karaoke, cafe's/ restaurants. And out of the back door, is the beach, and more restaurants e.t.c. Gumbet is definately a must.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.