Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Good questions, not sure of the answers but I know I have seen people with wheelchairs around Pernera and Protaras, so presume they haven't struggled too much.

I can't recall the buses having drop and ride lifts and the taxis are Mercs, so it would have to be get in the seat and put the chair in the boot.... unless someone else knows better ?

A lot of the shops and bars have ramp access (although I've seen one or two ramps that would make Evil Kenevil cry !) and I know I've seen some places with proper toilet facilities...

sorry I can't be more help..!

Steve
Just a thought (I've not been in) but there is a McDonalds at one end of Protaras that I would think must have proper toilet facilities ... I'm sure other will do though...

Steve
a couple of the bars at the top of the strip have ramps [don't know about facilities] Protaras seems fairly wheel chair friendly we saw around 8 in October although the kerbs are quite high there are several ramped crossing points, the road from the top end to the beach you will need to stay on the road and have a fit pusher as its up hill all the way from the beach [but doesn't look over steep] which hotel are you staying at [i know the Kapitanos has ramps and lifts]

yasus
wizard
Thanks for the info - The McDonalds should be ok although the McDonalds in the part of Tenerife we stayed in a couple of years back didn't have any disabled toilets. But the majority of these usually do.
We are staying in the Rising Star Hotel.
Nice hotel, dont thinh you will bother with tenerife when youve been to Cyprus, they were my thoughts when i saw cyprus after being to tenerife
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.