Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
There is a bus service to Benalmadena Marina from the Palace but I would definitely choose the Ronda1V for its location. The apartments are not as modern as the Palace but it is ideally situated for plenty of good restaurants and bars. The Benalmadena Marina is easily reached from Los Boliches where the Ronda1V is, by the frequent bus and train services which are really inexpensive. The Benalmadena Palace is up a short but steep hill so if any of your party have walking difficulties it can be a problem.
Hi, thanks for the advice. I am now led to believe that the Rhonda 1V site may be about to undergo a complete refurbishment which is why the big travel companies have moved away from them. Would you know any similar appartments in the same area as the Rhonda 1V site.
Thanks.
The holiday company have now suggested the Beatrix Spa Palace Hotel or Las Priamides Hotel in Fuengirola. Reviews seem to be mixed and the minimum board seems to be B&B. Has anyone any experience of these hotels?
well ive lived in fuengirola for 10 years and can tell that the beatrice is very nice but a bit out of town,right on the edge maybe 1 and a 1/2,2 miles from the centre but in august this doesnt matter to much as its right on the beach with watersports etc right there and you can get a bus or taxi easily or just walk as its flat.i have only been inside once when it had just opened, and it was very nice,i think about 4 years ago,it is also close to the mirimar shopping centre,as is the las pyramidas,which i walked by yesterday.

that is in the same end of town on the seafront(the entrance isnt) but a bit nearer to all the nightlife bars and restaurants,never been in there but it looked a bit tatty to me,few tiles missing from the entrance bit,i notice stuff like that,

hope that helps
gill
forgot to mention,i would personally eat out as there are many great places to eat(and lots of bad ones!!!) so b and b is or would be ok with me,and the water park is that end of town,not to far from the pyramides,the 'kids' will like that,but get there early
I have now found out the it was the Rhonda 1V apartments that have cancelled the contract with our holiday company and after a phone call to the apartments I am happy that all the refurbishments were last year and they are fully open.
Therefore I've cancelled the original booking and booked at the Rhonda 1V for the same dates through an internet package building firm I found and have actually saved £250 and we're flying from Stansted which is a lot closer to home than Gatwick.
Thank you for all the advice, now just hoping for nice weather and a good holiday! :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.