Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
hello, I cannot comment on Faliraki but we were in Lindos at the end of June for 2 lovely weeks. I thought Pefkos was great, seemed like a mix of families and some small groups and couples. I thought the balance between lots of places to eat and drink and not being too busy and crazy was perfect. If we went back we would stay in Pefkos as it has a lovely chilled out vibe and a great beach.

There are several hotels there that seem to be right on the beach.
I'd say Pefkos is more family friendy as opposed to a place you'll see a lot of young couples. Plenty of decent restaurants and several bars but more of a chilled atmosphere.

What about Lindos? Lindos attracts more of a mixed crowd so you'll probably meet couples your own age and there's plenty of bars where you can get up and have a bit of a dance. Plenty of quieter chilled out places too - something for everyone. If you've found accommodation you like in Pefkos you could even stay there and get taxis over to Lindos when you fancy a livelier night, it's only 6-7 euros.

Faliraki isn't the 18-30s place it used to be, they get a lot more families visiting now. Still lively July/August but it's not the prettiest place on the island.

If you're not so bothered about having a sandy beach you could even look at Rhodes Town. The Old Town is gorgeous to visit, your girlfriend would probably love the shopping and most of Bar Street attracts a fairly young crowd. :cheers
I would also say Lindos. I first holidayed there when I was 23,(so from what you have said a similar age),and found it to be the ideal place. So much so that we have been back many more times since and it is now our first choice of holiday.

If you like to meet people then staying in the village may be a good thing. Many of the accomodations have shared courtyards/balconies making it very easy to get chatting.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.