Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I am glad you have got this sorted and got some money back it must have been an awful experience for you all. If this had been your first trip to Turkey would have put you off for life, but I know like us you love the country!!
So pleased to hear of a good result for both you and Ros Karen . As you know we enjoyed our stay at the Aegean Dream but are obviously aware of how the reviews differ either side of July/August.
I'm so glad they had to pay up,it must have been awful for you and really worrying about your little girl,bet you were scared to let her out of your sight.Not what you expect on a family holiday.Tina.
it happened on the last day, otherwise i would have been a nervous wreck all holiday. this is the first time i had let her go to get an ice cream with her friends too, typical grrr

its a shame the standards of this hotel seem to drop beginning and the end of the season, im in contact with someone thats also going through a solicitor with problems and their solicitor has a big group of people all claiming against ADR

the main reason for me to put this thread up and for my complaint to the TO was to warn the TO and anyone visiting this resort about this man , the compensation was just a bonus but i didnt do it for that reason
Sorry,I meant that I was glad that Portland had to pay because the hotel didn't live up to expectations,a lot of parents should be grateful for your warning about that man and will hopefully keep a close eye on their children,a lot of people let their guard down on holiday and don't realise how dangerous that could be,children can be taken so easily as another family found to their cost,just weeks after that happened there was a family in Ibiza who left their little girl who was about six in the hotel pool (there was a lifeguard) and went onto the beach,we couldn't believe it but kept an eye on her until they came back.Hope it didn't frighten Ellie too much.Tina.
thanks tina, ellie was 8.5 last summer and shes very sensible so i allowed her for the first time to go with some friends to get an ice cream within the hotels private grounds,the other girls were 10 & 11,so i thought she would be fine, just goes to show you cant take your eyes off them, this has made me more nervous for any other holidays, she was upset for a while after this happened but is ok now, im the 1 more worried now for any future hols to anywhere. there was a public pathway that went across the middle of the hotel grounds with security monitoring everyone to make sure no one went off the path into the private beach or hotel, they obviously didnt do a good job as this man went onto the private beach and into the hotel grounds :yikes

gosh i wouldnt have left a 6 yr old in a pool , there comes a time and its always difficult to know when, to allow them a bit more independence, you feel safe in a 5* all inc :think
I am so glad that you have had a successful result on this Karen, as I know it has been a worry for you.

Well done Ros for taking this on and at least getting you some of your money back, although I know this is not why you persued this case and you wanted to highlight the other problem in the vicinity of the hotel.

You may very well have saved other parents from heartache.

I commend the mods and admin for allowing you to post. Child Protection should always be at the forefront of peoples minds, you are vunerable when abroad as often your guard is down and it sounds like the hotel management were in denial.

Hopeful this now gives you closure on this worrying matter.
chris

firstly i hope this man has left the area, if not i hope this thread will make any parents more alert in this area.

i forgot to mention, not only did i report this to the hotel security, but i told the duty manager, (not the main manager that was horrid to us), the rep and the customer services lady,i also found the 2 sisters parents who were with ellie, they were dutch and i explained to them,luckily they spoke perfect english, they were horrified and asked me to get them should he return,they had fallen asleep and werent aware of what had happened , he didnt return after security shouted something in turkish to him, so everyone was fully aware of what happened, hopefully security will not allow this man to go into any of the hotels private areas again, they cant stop him walking along the public path, but they can make sure he goes through without stopping in the hotel grounds
I'm glad you got some money back.
If anyone ever comes across this man or anyone manhandling their child call the police. How a security guard can think a telling off is going to work is beyond me! If he's not right in the head then he could do anything! I think the police would have been called if it was me, mainly to arrest me more than the man!
chivas i dont know how my hubby kept so calm, think we were in shock, and didnt know til he had gone that he had actually grabbed hold of the kids, we just thought he wanted photos, and then when i questioned the 3 girls after he had been chased away we got more information from them

this man was around 35-45, dark hair, medium build, quite short around 5ft 5 to 5ft 7 ins and turkish, average looking
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.