Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
we are looking at this hotel for 2 weeks September, is anyone else going this year?

thanks

emmax :D
Hiya,
We are off for a weeks holiday to the Aegean Dream on 21st May.
Has anyone stayed at this resort? Which are the best rooms to ask for, is it worth paying extra for sea-view rooms?
What will the weather be like? I keep looking at the weather watch at the top of the page but it doesn't look very promising it seems to be cloudy and they still have their heating on!
Thanks for any help
:roll:
6 of us went to the aegean dream resort last july/august, fantastic all watersports included including water ski-ing, banana. the hotel is lovely, when u go int the front entrance u will be walking into a tardis, really big,clean modern, staff really friendly, if u r going with thomas cook we had 2 good reps ,natalie was one of them,she was great tell her the 6 from ramsgate send there love, go on the pub crawl in gumbet we had a great time the food at the hotel is good cooking stations at all meal times and the pizza place at lunch time fantastic pizza cooked while u wait. rooms lovely we arrived early hours put in family accomadation to start as they were busy, changed rooms next day aske for sea view and that is what we got no extra charge, we also made friend with the asst. manager yusuf he is lovely we all still keep in touch with him by email we will go back to the aegean dream but not this year as we like to try other places really recommend this hotel and to finish turgetreis the town is lovely 10 min walking distance plenty bars and shops big market on sat have alovely time let us know how u get on from diane :D :)
We are thinking of booking this hotel for next year it looks like it would suit most of our holiday needs exactly but could anyone tell me if there are snacks available and if so what times they are available,my son has medical needs that mean we need something available for him to eat at all times of the day even if its just sandwiches.Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Paradiselover!!!!
So how did your holiday go???
Any hints or tips??
Please please please write a review.
Many thanks.
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about the Aegean Princess Apartments in Marmaris. I have looked on the hotel review page and it is not there.

Any information is much appreciated, thanks
Just wondering what family rooms are like in this hotel, we are 2 adults and 2 kids. Have got a good price for this hotel, only trouble is bad flight times. Have also got good price on esperides beach in rhodes so am trying to decide between the two.
Thanks to anyone who can help.
Hi Gill

If you go down near the bottom of the page there is a topic called 'A good A/I for 2007'. There is some discussion on this hotel there. I'm not sure if it mentions about family rooms but it's somewhere to look, until someone comes on who actually knows. It gives a link to the hotels web-site so you may be able to email them and if you have no luck here.
Hi gill-mag,
Don't know what the family rooms are like but the Aegean Dream is a fabulous hotel. There is plenty to do for the kids, free banana boat rides, water slides, etc. The three speciality restaraunts are really good. We had a really good time there, I e-mailed the hotel before we went and asked for a sea-view room and it was awesome.
I would definitely book this hotel again, have a great time.
:lol:
I am just about to book this hotel aswell... i just have to sort out my flights trying to find cheap and good flight times for july 2007.

Does anyone know if you get icecream included with the all-inc...

Many thanks
Hi Lisa1, Have you got the web address for Aegean dream resort please, as i've just got a price from Portland direct which i thought was very good, but you got me wondering if it would be cheaper DIY. I'm looking to go next August 3 adults (one being our 16 year daughter). Many thanks Maggie
Its info@aegeandream.com and there is an automated form on their website as well
I tried looking at prices at DIY prices for next summer but booked with Portland as it was quite a lot cheaper for me as I like to fly from Cardiff
Looks fab doesn't it :D
Lally
I was just wondering if the rooms in the hotel have a Bath or not. Looking at the hotel website it looks like it has, but in the brochures it only has a shower. Can someone help - my wife needs a bath yous see.

Many thanks.

Also what do you rate better the Aegean or the Sun Zeynep?
We have just returned and our room didn't have a bath, only a shower.
Vodkafreak did you have a nice holiday? we have booked to go there next year with our 3 children is there lots to do for kids?
Is there much to do outside the resort??

many thanks
Vodkafreak
I can't see it ,but there is a new one on for aegean village - is that you?? :?
Lally
Hiya Lally, yes, Ravenash is me.

Yes Lisa, we had a fantastic holiday, we basically went for a total chill out (minus the kids,) and that's what we got.
Like I have said in my review, there was hardly any children there when we were there but that could just have been timing.
I have two children who are young teenagers. Personally, I don't think that there would be enough there for my kids because they are both quite sporty. They like playing tennis and football and other similar sports and I couldn't see anything like that for them.
To be brutally honest, I think that If I took my two there, I would have to rely on there being other kids there the same age to keep them occupied as I don't think that there would be enough for them and I don't think that I would take a gamble like that. In June we went to the Costa Del Sol Holiday Village and my kids had a ball, we have rebooked for next year and it is the first time that I have ever rebooked a place, (that's how good it was).
But, I stress, my kids are sporty and like to be doing something all the time, not everyones kids are the same.
Sorry to put a bit of a dampener on things for you, but it is my own personal opinion and I am only thinking of what it would be like for my kids.
Turgetreis is a 10-15 minute walk away, (6 or so YTL in a taxi). It's a really nice litle town with enough shops to be able to have a nice leisurely browse. The people in the town were really nice and helpful and they don't hassle you.
Let me know if you want to know anything else and will try to help.
Thanks Ravenish
Your report is really helpful to me.
Well I'm glad someone saw it because it seems to have vanished now!!! :?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.