Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi
if its only 7 euros for the jacuzi I think I will get in touch - already have a sea view 8)
Thanks Kim btw -
Sorry Kim,

Mustafa had a bit of a problem understanding my question. We already had a sea view room booked and what he quoted "7 Euro" is the price for an upgrade to a sea view room. Oh dear, the jacuzzi room is actually 25 Euros. I think we are going to stick with what we have.

Ann
Sorry Kim,

Mustafa had a bit of a problem understanding my question. We already had a sea view room booked and what he quoted "7 Euro" is the price for an upgrade to a sea view room. Oh dear, the jacuzzi room is actually 25 Euros. I think we are going to stick with what we have.

Ann

See Ann, thats exactly what I was trying to explain to him. That I had already paid one upgrade (sea-view), so could they take that off the Jacuzzi suite upgrade?
But they just didn't seem to understand & kept quoting 25 euros. So I didn't bother, after 4 emails asking I gave up :?
I would have been delighted to have paid 7 euros & got the jacuzzi upgrade, ooooohhhh I'm so jealous :lol: Lucky you :lol:
Don't get up to anything naughty in the balcony jacuzzi :shock: , when we were there one of the group of people we met had binoculars :shock: & they caught a couple in the act. About 10 people were on the jetty watching & laughing at them :lol: , we weren't there that day, we were told about it after, HONEST.
What currency is best when out & about here ?
We normally take mostly Sterling & some Lira and change in resort but what is best in Turgutreis ? Think I have read somewhere that the Euro is more popular in this area.

Thanks,

Graham.
The Euro is very popular there, but sterling wasn't a problem either.
I took only sterling.
There is the Turgutreis tours across the road from the hotel, does money change.
ive taken the bullet and ive booked to go there next whit, paid about £68 extra for the sea view room but thomson couldnt get me a price for the jacuzzi room, but around £18 a night seems too high for us if its 25 euro extra. we got a good price with a free child and thomson matched portland price for me so i booked with them as decided i might be able to contact someone easier if need be as portland are a nightmare to get hold of, so looking forward to all this summers reviews now
Hi karen
Glad you have booked - you seem to have had your eye on the ADR for a while now
8 weeks 3 days for me now - not that I am counting !
You have probably seen a a new review posted (since Kims) - still excellent!
A quick question from me to those have flown into Bodrum - is there a duty free in arrivals for the ciggies or had I better get in Cardiff?
Lally
:D
Hi Karen :D

Glad you got booked. I really fancied ADR for 2008, but the prices in the summer holidays even with Portland were really expensive 3.5K, as I need two rooms and to pay for 15 & 13 year olds as adults.

But I have managed to get a good deal at Lykia where kids are still classed as kid price. Hurrah! Although it means all being crammed in one room.

Looks like ADR will have to wait till 2009. :shock: So will look forward to Lally and your reviews as we all seem to like the same things in an hotel.

Chris :D
I am off on the 18th June to the Aegean Dream and will submit my review when I get back. I have booked with Airtours but everyone else seems to be quoting Portland and Thomson. The Airtours price was excellent value for money and I can't wait.

Ann
Ann - have a great time - you must be excited now!!
Look forward to the review
lally
chris im amazed you have got lykia world cheaper than ADR thats excellent news, im lucky my older 2 dont want to come with us any more so we only have ellie whos 7 to pay for and she was free lol

ill look forward to lally and ann2 reviews
Hi, Can anyone tell me do you still have to wear those silly purple band on your wrists?
I went last year and they were purple colour are they the same this year if so I already have one from last year that I mamaged to slip on and off when I was sunbathing so I didnt get a white mark. If they are the same coulour purple this year I will take my old one with me cos they normally put them on too tight to slip off. Anyone been this year so far that can tell me the colour or have they done away with the silly things. thanks
I will tell you when I get back gingerjog. I hate these wristbands and when we were in Egypt at Easter the hotel didn't use them. I think someone mentioned about having them during the peak season so I don't know if June is classed as peak season. I will get back to you.

Ann
gingerjog - just got bak from ADR yesterday morning. Wristbands were purple but no idea if the same colour as last year.
Kimevans - thanks for your reply regarding access/security - only read it today after we got back!!!!
If anyone has any questions - just let me know
becky we are going next year may/june are sun beds easy to get, do they provide beach towels and are there queues in the bars ,restaurants etc, what are the kids meals like and what did you think of ADR thanks

karen
Thanks Becky, I am hoping they are the same ones as last year. Can I ask I dont suppose you noticed on your band if it had AGEAN DREAM resort printed on it and 5 small stars above the word resort in blue writind. Now I know I am being fussy but it all helps for when we go again on July 15th for two weeks. Or Maybe Ann could keep hers and let me know, they are a nuisance when your rubbing your cream in. I dont think anybody would try and use the facilities from other hotels do you? if they did away with them. Thanks gingerjog.
Hi . does anyone have an email address for the ADR., I would like to price up DIY for next summer but have a feeling its gonna work out dearer than the package price. Can get the flights for around £90 each with http://www.Aegeanflights.com
lyn have you tried contacting them via their website

im going to book some flight only deals ive found for 78 too

http://www.aegeandream.com/v2/eng/contact.asp
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.