Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
hi
i think you could do with advice from someone that has stayed in both hotels, we stayed in aegean dream last month and although the location was good we didnt enjoy the food that much, some was ok, evening meal below standard for a 4.5* hotel, but everything else was ok and we still had a reasonably good holiday, but i wouldnt return to aegean dream, the blanche hotel is next door to the aegean, so location is the same and although we didnt go in there we thought it looked better than aegean dream, there was more sun beds available and lovely huge bean bags and beach area looked much better than the aegean dream too, hope this helps a bit, but its only my opinion the aegean has good and bad reviews
Thank you for you reply. I know its so difficult to choose. I personaly like the look of the Blanche from the photo's.

I wonder if anybody has an opinion on the Blanche. I will wait and see. But thank you for responding it has been helpful,

Ruth
Hi All,

Well they have booked the La Blanch Resort. It looks really nice. I am going to see what it is like and then maybe bok for us the following year. They paid £1200 for 2 adults AI in a 4/5 star for 2 weeks with day flights, in flight meals extra luggage etc... I think it is really good price. Through direct holidays, but Thomas Cook could not beat it. That does not make sense to me though. Are direct not part of TC?? COnfused!

Anyway
Thank You All

Ruth
Yes they are ruth but they offer a direct selling approach i.e cut out the middle man , pay no commission to agents and you get the best price type of operation. Same as the way portland operate as part of thomsons .

We are off to the Aegean Dream resort next friday but the La blanch does look very nice and there appear to be more english going there now :tup . might try and get a nosy around being as we will be next door.

lyn
Thank you for clearing that up Lyn. If you do have a nosey around can you let me know what it is like so I can pass it on. It worked out cheaper than the ADR, not sure why. When you said about more English going, where are majority of tourists from that go there. Not that it matters really I just wondered.

Have a good holiday.
Ruth
Not sure really ruth but I have it in my head from reviews Ive read that there wernt many english there but 1 recent review said that there were a lot more there now probably because more English T/Os are selling it . It does look fab :tup

lyn
Ah I see. Well they are going there in 2009. If it is good and the price stay's right I will book for the year after (2010). We are going B&B, 3* to Icmeler in Aug 09 (in school holidays) and I calculated for the La Blanche and it was only £400 extra for 2 adults and 1 child for 2 weeks. I thought that was good for an AI. I feel a bit gutted now though. Hey Ho!!

Have a good holiday and we will keep dreaming about our 2009 holiday!! Both just finished Uni so too broke to holiday we just dream!

Ruth
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.