Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I have to agree that the hotel is nowhere near a 5* rating. That is the Turkish rating. To be fair none of the main holiday companies give it that rating but they do push it by claiming 4+. I think in our own rating, compared to other places we have stayed we'd give it 3.5 to 3.75.

We were there in September. The food was OK. There was always something to eat, but saying that, it was the same as you found to eat the day before. It was very repetative, with not a lot of choice. The selection of drinks and the measures were very good, but obviously you don't get all the major brands, and compared to a lot of other hotels in Turkey, you could get an alcoholic drink until 2am. .

We stayed in one of the top floor rooms in the Annexe. The finish of the decor and fittings left a lot to be desired. There was a jaccuzi on the balcony but the sides didn't fit properly, the woodworking was done very badly, and the painting could have been done by a child. It makes you feel like a moaner and some people may think it's petty but it seemed like they had used general staff to do the work and not tradesmen. It just made the room look slightly shabby, but with a couple of hours by a tradesman, would shine through.

If the Tour Operators insist on giving this and other hotels such high ratings, maybe they need to have more ratings, so that hotels, which in our view are real 5*, would become 8*. Maybe they should be graded out of 10, so that the real top hotels would show through. My conclusion is that if you see two 5* hotels and one of them costs considerably more than the other, ask yourself why?

How many people have thought whilst they are there, how much do the Tour Operators pay them for each person staying there, and unlike Self Catering or even Half Board places, they can't make up their money by selling overpriced drinks that quite often happens.

All in all we had a good holiday as it served our purposes, but saying that we wouldn't return there!
I am thinking of staying at the Aegean dream resort in turgetreis with my wife and 6 year old son this will be our first adventure to Turkey and would like to know what the approx transfer time would be and your opinions on our choice of Hotel.
We are have been looking for a good quality 4 or 5 star AI on the beach and this seems to have good feed back.
Have checked trip advisor and HT.
Thanks
Paul

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
We stayed at the ADR summer 2008 Paul , enjoyed our stay and met some lovely people . Im not sure if things have changed but they do what they describe as an ultra A/I over july/aug high season where there would appear to be a better choice of food and more going on . reviews either side are often much poorer .

It has a lovely location with an easy walk into turgetreis ,plenty going on with watersports included as part of your A/I . We have stayed in better but had no complaints . the pool area is a little small for the size of the hotel but there are 2 lovely jetties with sunbeds too .

Have a look at the La blanch also which is directly next door. I suspect the quality is better there but there is probably not as much going on if you have children .
Hi Paul

We stayed at La Blanche in June 2009 and found it to be an excellent hotel. While there we had a look around the Agean Dream, it's next door to La Blanche, and although it was reasonable we felt there was no comparrison to La Blanche.
The transfer time for both is 1 hour plus.
This year we are staying at Club Voyage Torba. This hotel is 24hr ultra AI, 3 pools, private beach, 6 ala carte restaurants, has amazing reviews and caters for all the family. Check out the reviews on trip advisor, (they are more up to date than here). You will be impressed.
By the way it is also very reasonably priced, especially with Direct Holidays, and should be about half the transfer time of ADR.

Good luck and hope you find what you are looking for.

Dave
Hi, does anyone have the email address for the Aegean Dream Resort?

Thanks
You can find it on their web page Scottie http://www.aegeandream.com/en_mm01.htm
click on the link along the bottom that says "contact us"
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.