Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Tabby

Onur Air is a Turkish Airline. We flew with them a few years ago and they were fine. From memory they don't have televisions though.

Wilson :wink:
They are Turkey's equivalent to Easyjet. We have travelled with them a couple of times and have booked our flights with them next year.

No film and their bar drinks were poured from large bottles of spirits and coke etc, I don't think they are serving meals next year but they were not worth having anyway. Soft drinks however were FREE.

I wouldn't say they were my first choice (by far) but we want a budget price next year as we are taking our family.
we have also flown with them loads of times and everything was fine, we have booked flights with them for next aug too at 75 each so a real bargain but prices have gone up now
We have also booked flights for next august 6 of us for £636 when their prices first came out :D
here is the topping that got us all booking
Onur Air are the bigest single Air operator that operates to Turkey from the Uk, They also are contracted to Goldtrail, and Holidays4u also, They also operate themselves selling the left over seats that remain in the Aircraft nearer departure, So in theory if they fly more than anyone else to the Uk this must be a pretty good Airline, Yes they have had some problems in the past as all Airlines do, I have flew with them on at least three occasions in the last three years without any problem and any delays whatsoever, Onur airways also operate a free soft drinks on the Aircraft, And they are cheaper for Duty free and snacks also, The Aeroplanes are larger also which means you most likely will get more legroom, Not in all cases but I have.
We have flown with Onur several times. They do have a habit of changing flight times after you have booked and sometimes out of season flights have been cancelled. I believe they have just cancelled a lot of their winter flights from Birmingham to Dalaman. We had a bad experience with them in July when our flight was delayed due to technical problems by 27 hours. Customer care was poor. We believe the delay was made worse due to the fact that they have no staff in UK. Engineers had to be flown in from Turkey and it was many hours before we were told this was happening. There are recent reports on other websites regarding another problem on a flight in September.
I found leg room to be minimal on the last flight as we were seated at the back of the plane. I spent most of the flight standing as it was so uncomfortable.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.