Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Who is the £25 per person admin charge for and why
Freedomdirect when I looked at their booking conditions it states that there is a £25 per person admin fee for this sort of thing.They have not got back to me yet to confirm if they are able to move the booking and are not able to give me an exact cost till they have spoken to their suppliers.
aegean changed my flights to turkey about 2-3 weeks before we went and gave me compensation , i wouldnt be happy to get charged for something that isnt your fault and im sure they dont charge freedomdirect for these changes, i have a list of compensation somewhere but doubt you will get any for the length of notice you have been given, but it might be worth giving aegean a ring to ask if freedomdirect can charge you
Surely a 25 admin fee is only charged if the customer makes the change, not if the company makes the change, or am I missing something here as usual :think
Exactly what I was thinking.

There are of course some times when an admin fee is charged as in the person calling every other week to add extra people or take them off but if they have booked the flights as well then why should they then charge a fee when there is a change.

We sold a lot of the Aegean ourselves and we are now moving people around as in times and even day before but no charge as it is not their fault.

I hope you get this sorted quickly before all rooms are booked up.

John
sounds to me that doghead is saying this admin charge is for change to his/her accomodation booking with Freedom direct not the flights :tup

Lyn
Sounds to me as if it might be cheaper to just make a new separate booking for one night's accommodation, instead of paying an amendment fee to alter the booking?
Don't aegean own you some compensation for this 24hr alteration?
Ah! I see what you are saying Lyn. The admin fee is for changing the hotel booking, so is not to Aegean. I didnt know that accommodation people would charge a fee to change I though they would just charge for the extra night. But I haven't done many DIY's. Perhaps Glynis is right about the compensation from the airline for a 24hour change and that could be used to pay the booking company for the hotel change. :think
hi

i have got the compensation letter from aegean infront of me and it says compensation payable per person for changes ,period before scheduled departure date within which a major change is notified 60 days or more nil, so it doesnt look like you will get any compensation from aegean
Thinking about it I cant see that freedom direct would charge an admin fee for adding another day to your booking :think . lets hope doghead gets some good news when they reply to the email.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.