Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
The Coasline Hotel in Salina Bay - near Qawra is a lovely 4 star hotel which has an all inclusive option. It is available via Thomsons/Portland/Mercury/Chevron or if you wish to do diy it is on Holdiay Hotels/Medhotels etc.

It has a great view across to Bugibba and Qawra from the sea view rooms or from the back of the hotel there are countryside views.

The hotel is a little isolated but the buses run past the door to Sliema and Bugibba and there is a courtesy bus into Bugibba several times a day.

Breakfast and Dinner are buffet style and lunch is taken in the pizzeria/restaurant. Entertainment is very good. Hotel has a lovely outdoor pool with extensive terrraces and a small indoor pool and jacuzzi.

Pippa
If you are considering the Coastline, we've been there and it's very nice (my wife and son had a week there last month!), check out the prices because different companies can vary quite a bit. :shock: Portland seem to be one of the best. :yipee

Another hotel you might like to consider which is good if you like your gourmet food and cocktails, is the Fortina. It's also in a very good position in Sliema and has a spectacular view of Valletta. We've stayed there twice and although it's quite pricey, we think it's well worth it. The holiday at the Fortina does include some excursions (with drinks and food included where appropriate), and sometimes some spa treatments. We found it a really good AI package, :sun

Trev
hi..pippa/bhm2trev.. :D many thanks for quick reply will check them out ....regards ..johndoe
Hi John, you might want to consider The Victoria Hotel in Sliema, we were there the other week and it is without doubt the best hotel we have ever stayed in Malta, I can honestly describe the hotel and staff as being excellent http://www.victoriahotel.com

Regards
Sliema2
Just had a quick look at some sites. It doesn't seem to be available with Portland in July - but is with Thomson (same company anyway). it is also available with First Choice. I had a look a week in early July and it appears to come out at about £1000 for 2 on all inclusive.

Can I ask why you want all inclusive? The half board is very good at the Coastline. Also, food and drink is not that expensive in Malta anyway. If you opted for half board you would be able to go out for the day and enjoy lunch out rather than think because I have paid for all inclusive I had better stay at the hotel. We did all inclusive one winter at the Coastline simply because that was all they were offering but we made sure it didn't stop us going out and about.

Pippa
I agree with Sliema,the Victoria Hotel is gorgeous and also the best hotel we haved stayed at in Malta.
http://www.starwebmalta.com

The above link contains quite a few hotels that you can look at.
hi..pippa :D she who must be obeyed says that we will stay all inclusive....even though we do eat out from time to time...regards..johndoe
p.s :D :D :D :D thanks to all for the information starting to look at them now.....regards ..johndoe
Hey Sliema2, I must have missed something because I can't recall you mentioning the Victoria Hotel before. We'd certainly be interested in this Hotel just even to try it out, though as you know we tend to prefer only half board or less these days since it gives us more chance to get out and about, which is why we're there!

You know Johndoe I think Pippa is right. Whenever we've stayed AI it's been a bit of a waste since there's so much to explore and do that we tended to spend most of the day away from the Hotel,

Trev
Trev

I'm with you - I don't remember any mention of the Victoria Hotel either - Sliema2 - keeping it to yourself ???
hi to all.. :D thanks for all advice..have booked coastline for july will let you know how it goes......thanks again....regards...johndoe
Well done - you have picked a good choice. Who have you booked with?

Pippa
hi..pippa :D my wife booked with hays travel by phone do you know that company :?: regards...johndoe :D :)
Afternoon all

Just arrived home after yet another visit to Malta. Weather was varied. Got wet, got cold and got burnt. still as good as ever.

I was at the Victoria Hotel in Nov/Dec last year. see here...>

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=59108

I would recommend the hotel to anyone. the only drawback is the uphill walk if you are not too good on your legs
Hi Trev & Mark, yes we stayed at the Victoria on a B&B basis when we were in Malta the other week and very nice it was to, would highly reccomend this hotel to anyone.

Regards
Sliema2
Hi John,

No I haven't come across Hays Travel. The couple of times we have been to the Coastline we have gone with Thomsons. When we return it will either be a diy job or one of the Air Malta Companies (Mercury, Chevron etc.) that way we can fly from Stansted which is only 45 minutes from us as opposed to nearly 2 hours from Gatwick.

Pippa
I have heard and previously booked with Hayes Travel. They are a very good company.
hi ..m&n :D did you have any problems with them regards ..johndoe
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.