Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
LOL so that's the meals sorted all I have to do is find a hotel I can afford. :rofl
Cant beleive your hub blamed the wonderful HT for your packed lunch.
Excellent traveller .
:)

I must be in one of those moods today because I'm not sure if that website is supposed to be serious or not . But I cant stop laughing at those thomas cook meals. I actually have tears rolling down my cheeks :rofl

I cant believe people sit there with their camera and go into so much detail :rofl Oh what a laugh. check out the easyjet section.
I thought if you booked with Direct in-flight meals were included along with 20kg hold luggage allowance.
We flew with Monarch and had a meal voucher because we were a Direct customer, so I don't see why you would have to pay for meals. :que
  • Edited by cazB 2009-01-20 20:10:49
Brilliant traveller. :tup Thanks everso. I'm really enjoying it.

Lyn, I love the way folk have kind of strategically arranged their food.
I take it you didn't bother to photograph your packed lunch then the year you tried to say a few bob, so that you could post a photo on here ? :rofl
When we booked with Direct if you chose a TC flight you had to pay extra for meal and increase from 15KG to 20KG . I chose a monarch flight and it was included .

Im definately keeping my camera handy this year . :rofl or Im flying with emirates ;)
Hi Caz :wave

I'm looking on http://www.directholidays.co.uk it seems to be giving me the option of taking the meals out of the price if I want too. Perhaps it varys from route to route. Also gives the options of 20k or 15k with the upper limit costing more.

Doe
Doe

They seem to be a law unto themselves. It does say on the website meals are included along with 20kg luugage, well horses for courses hey. :wave:
Hi caz

I think the way Direct do it is the first price they give you, is as you quite rightly say, the one that includes the in-flight meals, 20k of luggage and a charitable donation.

Then once you pick yourself up from the floor at the huge cost, cheapskates like me can begin to take those things out of the price, to bring it down by un-ticking boxes.

Ive got tears rolling down my face reading some of the descriptions folk give to their flight meals. There were some on there for Hurgharda and they didn't look too bad, so perhaps that's the sort of food I would get on the Sharm route. The best food looked like it was on the Punta Cana flights.

Just realised I am looking at the wrong ones. looking on Thomas Cook and should be looking on Thomas CooK UK. I'm such a numpty.

Doe :sun2
Doe

I'm not giving up that easily! have just looked on the TC website and priced a holiday to Egypt. Booking with Direct meals and full luggage were included and couldn't be deleted because they cost nero. The same hotel under the TC umbrella. meals could be deleted and 5kgs extra luggage could be added. So just have a play around with prices etc. :tup
Thanks Caz. I will have a look. :tup
which website did you find the meals on Doe? Wouldn't mind having a look myself. We're off to the Dom Rep with Thomas Cook in the summer.
Traveller posted the link a little further up tonight Helen.

Its a scream :)
I'm not a big fan of the meals. We just book them as we feel it kind of breaks up the flight. Have a drink and something to eat seems to make the flight go that bit quicker.

Steve
http://www.airlinemeals.net/indexMeals.html

It's so funny Helen. :rofl Some of the written descriptions people give of their meals. I want to travel on Emirates, I didn't realise you could still get propery crockery on flight if you paid over £1000 for a ticket.

Some of the ryanair ones are good too. Photos of empty trays where the food has fun out. :rofl
Some brilliant comments on there. This was a particular favourite of mine
The fish tasted--well--too fishy.
I nearly pmsl
Wouldn't dream of boking a hol without the airline meal :really It's part of the holiday experience for us. Hubby really ooks forward to it :D
We got our meals and 20kg luggage included in the price of our Direct holiday booking to Spain. Not sure if there was an option to delete or downgrade the luggage allowance. Wouldn't want to anyway :cheers Let's hope it'll be halfway edible.

Can anyone advise what the Thomson fly breakfast menu will be in April please? Also Thomas cook lunch in August?
http://www.airlinemeals.net

It is certainly one of those web sites that becomes quite additive! Check out some of the meals that you get on African and Far East airlines - or those pictures of empty tray tables that are posted by people on domestic US airlines or low cost airlines.

I would feel so embarrassed getting out my camera and taking a picture of my airline meal! Still it has given me many a laugh.
That website gave me the best evenings entertainment Ive had for many years traveller . the tears were rolling down my cheeks all night.

I think it's probably a mixture of serious ,possibly snobbery right through to the hysterically funny on the easyjet/ryanair pages.

Im really tempted to get the camera ready on our next flight . Im sure one of my lads would take up the job .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.