Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Re: Airline Meals
171 Posts
My wife and I love Monarch, what about you?
The best long Haul got to be Thomson/First Choice very good food.

The best short Haul Monarch

Worst Long haul TCook

Worst short Haul Thomson/First Choice
As qatarman mentions, it depends on the type or airline you are refering to, and the class of travel!! In general, I've always found First Choice to offer a good standared of meal. Bmi are pretty good as well. I wouldn't say I have a worst as it can vary greatly between the same airline, but Thomas Cook seems to be below average in my experience. I must say the best was Air France travelling in Club Alizé, Air Mauritius was pretty good too. I always think any meal when travelling in an aluminium tube 7 miles above the earth is pretty good though!

Darren
None Charter,Cathay Pacific and Qatar Airways.Charter I cannot comment as we have only used Thomsonfly(Britannia) for the past 20+ yrs I can say I am not a fan of the Aldo Zilli meals being dished up now by Thomsonfly.
qatarman wrote:
I can say I am not a fan of the Aldo Zilli meals being dished up now by Thomsonfly.
:yuck Bloomin awful!!! We had brown lettuce and mouldy bread on our way to Ibiza with Thomsonfly. The chicken in tomatoey sauce was all rich heartburn-inducing sauce with hardly any chicken :-?

snowyboy wrote:
Worst short Haul Thomson/First Choice
First Choice were OK until they merged with Thomson! :no

I don't think I've ever had a nice airline meal, whatever it is, it always tastes of sausage and gives me indigestion... I only pay for them because it passes the time and gives us something to laugh at :wink:
My best airline meal was actually one I purchased on a Jet2 flights. It was a chicken salad, with a honey and mustard dressing, it was really nice with loads of chargrilled chicken.

As for hot airline meals, I just view it as something that breaks up the boredom of the flight. You wait for the drink service, then you wait for the meal service. I never expect it to be fantastic, the only bad meal I have had was a thompson airlines cooked breakfast. Didnt like that one, the beans were welded to the side of the container.

Steve
hestons aeroplane food

Did anyone watch this? Would you like to nasal douche before you eat and eat one of Heston's conconcotions?
I am having my first airline meal in years next Sunday courtesy of Thomas Cook!
I had my flight changed from a Thomson flight to a Thomas Cook flight and noticed they have included meals despite me not paying for them originally. :que
Maybe its compensation for changing our flight :rofl
I still prefer a Boots or Greggs sandwich. :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.