Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
European cigarettes are about 800 rps for 200.
Most spirtits are cheaper in the local shops than the Duty Free.
Hney bee 110 rps a bottle.
When we left in March we bought a carton of 200 Malboro lights for £7.50!!!!!
I paid £6.30 for 200 Regal in the duty free. European cigs are dearer but spirits cheaper in the local shops.
Buy spirits in the resort but there are some good offers on malt whiskies in duty free.

We bought packs (containing 10 packets of 20 cigs) of Embassy No1 for 340 rps each(£4) - 40p a pack of 20!!. Admittedly we bought 8 packs. We got them in a shop in Calangute between the Plantain Leaf and the local market.

At Anjuna they were asking 400 or 450 rps for 200 cigs - still not a bad deal!!

PS. I don't smoke but our dog sitter does!!
Earlier this season when we were checking in at Dabolim, if they thought you had a few packs of cigs in your hold luggage they were getting you to open your case at check in. The Monarch staff were warning you if you had any in your case, to inform them. Whether they were getting tip offs from the baggage xray people I coud'nt say but the people in front of us were made to open their case which seemed to have about 1000 or so cigs and they were taken off some where else, a shakedown I would imagine, but it's something to bear in mind when you are weighing up buying them in the resort, as they are pretty cheap in the duty free and less likely to be fakes Alan
Lamberts, 200 for english 6.10-20
Quote; Lamberts, 200 for english 6.10-20
Is this from the bible Surfstak?? :? Allan.
:rofl
:lol: letter from the corinthians actually Alan :bow
good job it wasnt LITTER from the corinthians it could have started the ball rolling again :D
Allan.
Just got back from Goa last Friday and cigs in Duty Free were $12 or £6.10 for 200. Bacardi, not sure if 75cl or 1l was the same.
A tip we got from the chemist was to wrap everything in tinfoil as the x ray machine can't tell whats inside. Don't know if it works but we use it for our antibiotics etc..(nothing illegal) and our ciggies.

Been 100% successful up to now
I would have thought that anything wrapped in the likes of tinfoil would simply show up as a metal object of whatever size you are trying to conceal and look even more suspicious to anyone checking the screen and be even more likely to be investigated. Alan
I have it on good authority that carbon paper will conceal items from an x ray machine :wink: Last Friday I saw superkings at £6.10, 400 marlborough lite at £15, ther was no Golden virginia but they had Drum.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.