Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
NEVER FLOWN OUT AT THAT TIME, SO DON'T KNOW!!
usually though, if there are flights going from an airport, they won't miss a chance of making a few bob!!
BOB :bling :bling :hyper
bobthebus,
it was when I checked in at 5am on returning in January (08), but be careful if getting liquids and then stopping in Bahrain on the way back, when you get off at Bahrain you have to take all your hand luggage with you including your duty free goods and then the security will not let you back on with liquids over 100m, see posts subbed on this topic...jxk8
They were open at 5am on Christmas day last year- they aren't going to miss an opportunity
thanks for the info, fortunately we are going with first choice an Bahrain isnt an option
It was open December and I'm sure I've flown at that time before. Try and have cash left though - it's happened to me 4 times now - the machine is not working for cards. Maybe I've just been unlucky but this time will make sure i've some some dosh left.
got back yesterday, checked in at 5am and duty free was open but the lines were down so couldn't use credit cards.
what was the rough current prices of booze, cigs etc ?
ta :tongue
was that for carton 200, any specific type, since i dont smoke its for others ?
any advice on booze?
ta
200 l&b didn,t buy any booze as we were going via bahraine. andy
Credit Card Machines not working VERY often in this international airport!! Must be a simple explaination ;)
Lambert and Butler were £7 last week.
didn't notice booze prices, but if you intend to buy Honeybee, get it in resort. I couldn't see any in duty free
They have Honeybee in Duty Free...if I remember rightly it was about £2.50 a bottle.

Word of warning though..we asked our rep could we buy duty free in resort and take through with us. He said yes....but NOT if you were having a stop at Bahrain. We weren't...so put some Old Monk in our big back packs that were going in the hold..and took 2 bottles of Honeybee in our hand luggage, bottle of water and big bottle of coke..(ok....half a bottle of coke filled up with rest of Old Monk that we had in our room!) Got to customs and BIG notice saying no liquids! Lots of people were throwing away their water! Guard was standing by us..and he said I could keep my water...and coca cola! I said to O.H. just put our hand luggage through and see what happens! It went through x ray machine and nothing was said!

I know that they have the spot check as you're going out to the plane ..so I went and bought 2 bottles of Honeybee in the duty free shop each in its own plastic bag. Then took the bottles out of our hand luggage and put 2 in each bag. We weren't stopped this time though.
honeybee at the supermarket in candolim was 110 rps.
we couldn't find any in airport so perhaps it sells out quick or they don't have it all the time.
Yes it was double the price at the airport. It was in one of the duty free shops along the rhs. One concentrated on cigarettes etc..the other one drink. Not in the main duty free shop which is on the lhs...if that makes sense!? ;)
Makes sense to me, was too busy with cigs to check the booze shop properly.
Yesterday there was no gin at all in the Duty Free :( , and not much vodka either. There was only 1 shop open when we finally got through the endless queues for check-in, immigration and security. The others opened about 15 mins before our flight boarded, so you take a chance on getting what you want in the Duty Free. Best buy it locally and put it in your suitcases.
No, we had a 7 am. flight and not open then
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.