General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I find the products (eg: make-up, and perfume) much more expensive in the airport, than say in boots, superdrug, perfume shop, etc...and I can usually get it for about half the price on ebay!!! :)

Belly.
Hi
You don't normally get free samples at airports as shops get few regular customers. I used UK airports every few weeks for over 10 years and only ever got mini sized samples when there was a special promotion.
I rarely find prices cheaper than high street shops and I have also found that I can get products on Ebay or other internet sites at an even lower price. I usually find prices cheaper at overseas airport DF shops than UK DF shops.
I don't know which UK airport you are flying from but you can sometimes find prices of DF goods published on the airport website.
Judith
thank you both for the replies, I shall check out ebay and heathrows website.
hugs la
Definetly cheaper in department stores here.I buy Elizabeth Arden facial cream,visible difference,here at T Js department store is £12,at dutyfree its about £40,75ml. :wave:
hi...my teenage son is smelly mad....and he heads straight to the airside shops everytime we fly...and always has a new smelly lined up for me to buy for him...I always thought I was saving money... :( but looks like I could have been paying over the high st prices for them.....it wont be as much fun taking him with me to town for his next fix :rofl .....tweetie

ps...I have been known to buy him one going out and one coming home
There seems to be no such thing as true Duty Free in the beauty sections at UK airports anymore. All you save if your lucky is the VAT and there are better and bigger savings to be made online IMO. You'll also notice that there's only one price on perfumes and cosmetics unlike the cigs and booze section where there's a cheaper true Duty Free price is your flying outside the EU.

I don't even bother looking these days as there's no savings to be made & as for freebies or samples.....forget it. Even most EU duty free shops abroad are very poor for choice and price.
Duty free is a laugh when almost everything they sell can be bought cheaper in high street shops or on line.
I avoid the Duty Free shops at the airport as prices are so high. Even alcohol can often be bought cheaper at the supermarket.
I absolutely agree 'aslemma' ,the prices are rediculous,as no savings are to be made,its a bit of a scam really.?
I travel to Egypt often and can buy 'duty free' on arrival ,and their prices tend to be a big saving,i buy ciggs for £5 for a carton of 200.!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.