General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Depends where we are going. If it is somewhere we know quite well, we either arrange for a Taxi car to be waiting for us at the airport to take us to the ferry port at Cirkewwa ( Malta) so we can head to Gozo and our mates meet us at Mgarr..or we have a hire car waiting so we can sort ourselves out. As we do DIY to Malta/Gozo and we have friends who own property there, we have quite a good list of contacts via them and can sort things in advance by sending an email.

If it is somewhere new to us, we either brave the resort transfer bus or if we can't be bothered and it is not too expensive, hire a taxi.
Although I have only used them once, I found http://www.ab2transfers.com to be very good. Instead of a coach or at least a minibus as I was expecting, we were transferred in a brand new Mercedes. Quite possibly a one-off, but nice all the same.

luci :wave
I just booked accommodation with lowcostholidays.com in Qawra, Malta and picked up a transfer (shared minibus) at a little over 9GBP for the return journey (Aiport > Hotel > Airport).

Usually, I travel with my husband but this time will be travelling alone. We normally book a private taxi transfer at a cost of 34 Euros return. The shared transfer seems to have come out as the cheaper option.

It will be interesting to see how it pans out and if I will have to hang around waiting for other passengers or have to be transferred back to the airport at an inconvenient time.

We booked a private mini-bus transfer for 6 of us from Luxor airport to the Winter Palace hotel last September via a local travel company in Luxor and paid LE10pp (about 1.40EUR each) one way. I just costed that trip up with lowcostholidays.com on their travel extras page and it came to 11.31GBP per person.

So, it looks like you may need to do a fair bit of research as always when it comes to travel :cheers

Shell
Limassol, Cyprus
Hello Waterlover966,

As you've discovered, members of HT are always very willing to make the effort to take the time to reply to questions but can I ask this time that in return, you make the effort to reply and thank people for helping you with this query and your similar query re Crete

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=149732&p=1506262#p1506262

and Corfu

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=149732&p=1506262#p1506262

A number of members helped you with suggestions back in June re good places for doing watersports in the UK but after posting your initial questions you never returned to any of those threads with any feedback or thanks. This is one the friendliest and in my experience the most helpful of all the holiday forums and you will find that it will pay dividends if you take the time to reply to those who've had the courtesy to take the time to help you. Come and join the community and also make any knowledge and expertise that you have, available to other members and you'll find that it will be repaid 10 fold.

On the other hand, if you are, for example, a student on a travel industry course or the like, and doing some research for your studies then I suggest that it will also pay dividends to be up front about that too. Lots of members have taken even more time to help students in that situation and I'm sure would do the same for you and would be glad to help you with your studies, especially if you acknowledge and thank them for the help that you have received.

SM
i can recommend ato b transfers used them numerous times with no problems
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.