Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
I can recommend a car hire co. in Koskinou that would have a mini bus waiting for you at the airport but it would mean you hiring and driving it yourself.If this is what you want post again and I will give you the tel. no. Anne
Thanks Anne.

We will be hiring cars in Koskinou so if you could let me have the contact details of a reputable car hire co, that would be really handy.

With regard to the airport transfers, we would need a mini-bus with driver as we are likely to have enjoyed British Airways hospitality on the flight over !!!

Cheers

Bob
We've used Independant rent a car for many years. Frank is Greek with an Australian accent! and his wife is from Scotland. Their phone number is 00 30 22410 68120. If you ring they will bring a vehicle to your hotel and collect it at the end of the period.Hope that helps, Anne
Thanks again Anne

Did a Google search and found 'independants' web site. Will be contacting them shortly.

Once again, thanks for your help.

Bob
Hope you have a lovely holiday. I'm going next week to stay with friends who live on the edge of Koskinou, can't wait.
Anne,

Have a great time.......any tips with regard to eating out, things to do, local amenities etc etc will be gratefully received.
Thanks again

Regards

Bob
Koskinou is a charming village but there's not a huge amount to do there.If you are getting a vehicle there is so much to see on the island.Seven Springs (Epta Piges) is well worth a visit, if you eat there you may have peacocks begging round the table! The Valley of the Butterflies (Petaloudes) is also worth a visit, at the time you are going the butterflies might be starting to appear,look out for the tiny freshwater crabs scuttling around too.There are so many beautiful beaches to visit, Tsambika is lovely and a good place for a cooling swim if you've walked up to the monastery first.The town is full of lovely shops, designer to Marks and Spencers and B.H.S.! The jewellery is good value too.The Old Town is fascinating, lose yourselves in the tiny cobbled streets BUT don't stop to eat or have a drink on the main squares as this will cost a fortune.Opt for small tavernas in back streets where Greek people eat. Far more reasonable and better food.I could go on and on, I've been to Rhodes 72 times and as you can guess, love the island. It's my second home.
Thanks Anne, very helpful.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.