Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi all
We always use the transfers included in our package, but for 2013 i have decided to book a one way transfer to club greenworld in icmeler in July. We will use the thomson coach on return though.
So, my question is...who is best to book with?
Our party will include 3 adults 2 children and 5 suitcases, so im guessing a taxi is a 'nogo'.
Your help and advice will be much apreciated.
Club greenworld is last drop on the coach and when including the stop off i recon we can save at least an hour.
Thanks Chris

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
Hi Chris we booked our Turkey transfers through http://www.transfers4u.com/ and they were very good, the transfers were in a luxury Mercedes executive type min bus/van, our accommodation wasn't listed however there is a box that lets you manually enter the details if required.

I checked other companies and they were much dearer however as always do check other companies for their prices before booking.
JUST RETURNED FROM HOLIDAY IN ICMELER...AND WOULD LIKE TO COMMENT ON TRNSFER FROM DALAMAN TO ICMELER........FRIGHTENING..DANGEROUS..UNCOMFORTABLE.RECKLESS.DEFINATELY NOT THE WAY I LIKE TO START MY HOLIDAYS....
THE COMPANY.......A2B.......APPROX 14 PEOPLE ON COACH PICKED UP AT 10.00PM 1ST OCT....STUPID DRIVING.WELL OVER 120 KPM.IN A ROAD WORKS OF A LIMIT OF 50 KPM.NEVER STOPPED FOR COFFEE. NOT 1 PERSON CHATTED OR SPOKE,(BUT ME.CALLING THE DRIVER SCHUMACHER)....GLAD TO GET OFF..........NEXT PICKED UP 4.00AM ..SAME AGAIN DIFERENT DRIVER.....COMPLETELY STUPID AND RECKLESS DRIVER...GOT TO AIRPORT 1 HOUR TOO EARLY.. SO WHY THE RUSH?????.....I WANT TO TAKE MY CHILDREN TO ICMELER, BUT I WILL NEVER PUT THEM ON THESE COACHES UNTIL THEY SLOW DOWN AND ACT RESPONSIBLY............I HAVE POSTED MORE COMPLAINTS ON WEBSITES..MORE SUPPORT IS NEEDED...LETS NOT GO BACK TO THE OLD DAYS..(THIS USED TO BE A DEATH RUN)...I AM NOT AN OLD FUDDY DUDDY. I AM A BIKER.. (yamaha 1200)......THAT SAYS ENOUGH..............
We have just come back from Icmeler and our Transfer was on a Thomson coach.
The driver was extremely careful and he could have gone faster as it was 1am when we landed and not much traffic about.
There are some dodgy transfer companies about but some really good ones too.
Jay Trip wrote:
We have just come back from Icmeler and our Transfer was on a Thomson coach.
The driver was extremely careful and he could have gone faster as it was 1am when we landed and not much traffic about.
There are some dodgy transfer companies about but some really good ones too.

We used a Thomas Cook one last year (from Dalaman to Icmeler) and although a lengthy trip (around 2 hours) the driver was brilliant and we were given the option of stopping off for refreshments. We all declined as it was very early in the morning (around 2:30am) but they gave us water on the coach.

I think it depends on the driver, I don't think you can tar all companies/drivers with the same brush...

This year though, I plan to use a private hire to get to the hotel (as it's faster) and just use the coach for the return leg.
Can anyone provide or recommend some companies they have used for a private transfer between Dalaman airport and Fethiye/Hisaronu. We would prefer a minibus or similar as we have had this in the past going to Icmeler, but are unfamiliar with suppliers for Fethiye/Hisaronu and would like some recommendations of companies people have used previously. There will be two adults and two teenagers
Thx
RJ

raymondj40 wrote:
Can anyone provide or recommend some companies they have used for a private transfer between Dalaman airport and Fethiye/Hisaronu. We would prefer a minibus or similar as we have had this in the past going to Icmeler, but are unfamiliar with suppliers for Fethiye/Hisaronu and would like some recommendations of companies people have used previously. There will be two adults and two teenagers
Thx
RJ

Hi RJ,

We use a company called ICR - speak to John Toohey (JT) he'll sort you out with a good price I'm sure. I'll be using them from Dalaman to Icmeler in July.

Can I put a link to their website? remove if I'm in breach of the rules... http://www.icmeleronline.com/forum/index.php

Justin
Hi All

Ive been hibernating for the winter and also getting our new websites up and running (well one done) so have not been on at all only to read.

Weather will soon pick up and I will be on daily with the weather reports and links to the daily photo's

John
Be nice to see some of your pics on here John :tup
Hi Glynis

I would love to put them on here but will it be ok as it is better on here than being added to a photo page on the forum then linked from here (if you get my drift)

There will be lots of photo's as soon as it warms up

John

It's been a long time since I got involved on here, so I hope everyone is keeping well
we booked a hoilday with thompsons this is for 4 people with cases and my electric scooter which very small and folds down and also comes apart if needed, when we booked the hoilday we told them about the scooter we took the manaul to the shop so they could see how small the scooter was, now we have been told we cant use there coach from Bodrum airport to Didim beach resort we have been told thompson will pay half the transfer but only for my wife and I the other members of our family will have to travel by coach we have told them we have used a airport transfer that onlt costs £120 return which will take us all and is cheaper then the one thompsons use they use a taxi which I have to get in the boot I cant get in the taxi because of the way I am can thompson change what we booked last year now I think they should of told about the transfers when we booked can anyone offer any advice about this would be very grateful
thanks Fred
I've just booked a private taxi transfer from Dalaman to Icmeler through ICR for 3 of us - total price was £44.15 (including card fee) which is a good price. The whole process was booked on-line and took about 10 mins - very easy and then an email almost immediately with clear instructions on what to do on arrival.

So we should arrive in Icmeler in 1.5 hours instead of the almost 3 hours it took last year on the Thomas Cook coach! We're scheduled to land at 8:10pm so hopefully we will be in the hotel supping our first Efe's by 10pm-ish lol

We do have coach transfers in with the package deal (Jet2 this year) but we're only using the return as I'm not that bothered about that so much. Luckily we're getting a lift to the airport so the money I've saved on airport parking has more than paid for the transfer :)
Justin :sun2
Rain Transfers are the people who recently let us down. We had a transfer booked for 11.15 on the 14/10/2013 from Icmeler to Dalaman after 4 phone calls to the office they finally sent a local Taxi @ 12.10 almost 1 hour late. Our flight was 14.30 & check in desk closes 40 minutes before. We arrived @ the airport @ 13.45, asked security to let us put our bags on security check as we only had 5 minutes to get to the check in desk. But when we arrive @ the correct gate the details changed to another carrier as our Jet2 desk had closed. We tried to ask them to check us in, but it wasn't possible. So we booked for the following week as Jet2 only fly once a week to Blackpool & we re checked into the hotel we had just left. A friend came to pick us up & it has cost us £1,091.98 because Rain let us down.
I have sent numerous e mails, but they just ignore my plight saying the taxi dropped us off @ 13.00.No one could get to the airport in 50 minutes, so my advise is stay well clear of this bunch.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.