Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Thanks Dazbo, always nice to be re-assured of these things, would be so disappointed if something went wrong.
Glynis HT Admin wrote:
Ah! Just remembered that I contacted the company before we left due to a misunderstanding in an email TR sent me. The company is actually United Blue - details here http://www.united-blue.com/

They were extremely quick and helpful in their reply to me and put our minds at rest re us not having to change bus at Marmaris (2 hours away :yikes ). It appears that the area has 2 Hisaronu's - Fethiye (where we were going) and Hisaronu Marmaris (2 hours away) & TR mixed them up Phew!

Hi Glynis,
Just had new documents through and the shuttle transfer is the same as yours I think, it says:

"Make your way to desk number 1 where your representative/driver will be holding a UNITED BLUE or HOLIDAYTAXIS sign."

So hopefully all will be well :)
Justin
Arrived back yesterday and can recommend Fethiye airport transfers.
info@fethiyeairporttransfers.com
Private transfer in a Mercedes people carrier (I was expecting ordinary taxi)
Waiting at airport when we arrived,and waiting at our hotel (early) on departure day.
Very good service.Didnt even have to phone to confirm departure.
Will use them again.
Cybergran
I had no problems with United Blue, they had a bus sitting outside airport and we were the only ones on it. It was a very quick, hassle-free transfer. Same on way back but we had a few more pick-ups along the way, but got us to the airport with more than enough time to spare (about 3 hours before the flight time).

We did have to ring them to confirm pick up time but again, was very simple procedure and no probs.

All in all, the whole holiday went very smoothly with the outgoing flight slightly ahead of schedule and no delays on our return either, a thoroughly enjoyable experience :)
Justin.
Resorthoppa are doing an end of season discount of 10% if transfers are booked between 30th Sept and 10th of Oct
Promo code WHEELS10
Drew
Resorthoppa have a 15% discount until Christmas Day.

I can recommend Folo Travel for private transfers from Dalaman or Bodrum airport and I assume they will also transfer between resorts. Easy to use website at http://www.transferonly.co.uk/index.php
Resorthopper currently have a 15% offer on at the moment but you can get an extra 10% off by using this code VCTENJAN it is only valid until the 12th of January.
I have booked return transfers Dalaman to Hisaronu in May for 2 people £24.50
Drew
Vulcan7a i hope you have relized this is a shuttle service and could have a few stops and not a taxi service or private transfer, although i have heard they do a good service :sun2
Hi Mavrick57uk
Yes I know its a shuttle service, I used them last Sept and had no problems.
The transfer time was not much longer than a private one and a lot cheaper.
As there is only 2 of us, its worth it, if there were 4 of us, I would go for a private hire.
thats good to hear hope all goes well for you :sun2
Hello all,

I am considering booking resorthopper, it would just be for one adult and one child. I have always done private transfer but the cost is playing a factor now...

In your experiences how much longer have you found transfer between dalaman and icmeler doing it this way?... anyone? :cheers
Hi Ruth24s
I would recommend resorthopper, although I have only used them once, that was last Sept,
"don't know what they are like in the high season" but my experience was from Dalaman to Hisaronu, the cost for one person (myself) £13 after collecting my case, I made my way down the ramp where you normally find your private hire drivers, I was shown to a mini bus where 3 people were already on,
after about 15 minutes there were 11 people in total and we were on our way.
From that point it was no different from a private hire time wise, until we got to Hisaronu then it was about 5 minutes per drop off.

Your are given a leaflet with a telephone number to ring to confirm your flight details and they tell you when they are going to pick you up. I think I was lucky because I was the last pick up and the mini bus was full on the return journey, then it was straight to the airport with no stops.
As I say that was Sept, in the high season I think they use coaches so might take a bit longer.
But you can't beat the price.
Drew
Resorthopper new code for an extra 15% off valid until 25th January JANVCUK15
Drew
hello...
just looking at booking the resorthopper... maybe daft question, but does it drop you off at your accommodation or are there like drop off points?
The transfers I did last Sept, they dropped the three before me and myself outside our accommodation.
Ok, that's great. Just deciding of to go for the speedy shuttle or the other one. Still a lot less expensive than the £100 private transfer! :duh
Hello,

I have never booked a transfer online before. Is it normal for the company to as for your home address? :cheers
I would say its normal, its no different to booking a flight online where you print your tickets.
I presume that if anything happened ie the transfer crashed, God forbid, you give your home telephone number but your away, how would they know where you were from? :que
I have never been asked for my home address when booking transfers,if a company asked me for it i wouldnt book with them. ;) they usually ask for email address and mobile No.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.