Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Hi All, heading to Parque de Corcovada (Albufeira) in July 2010, and wondered if anyone knew the price of a taxi to the old town from these apartments, or would we be better of hiring a car for the 2 weeks. There are 4 of us.

Hope you can help.
ccmc
jayjan, thanks for replying. That's cheaper than hiring a car alright!
Yes and there wouldn't be anywhere to park in the old town anyway. Even if you did find a space in one of the multi-storey parks it would be 1 Euro per hour. Taxi for four makes perfect sense. There's only one number to call 289 583 230.
Has anybody used http://www.algarvetaxitransfers4u.com/
I have booked with them a return from Faro Airport to Albufeira for €78 I Normally use taxis but there are other members of my family coming this year and we would of had to pay for two taxis.

I Am just wondering if any of you have used them and were satisfied with the service provided

Many Thanks
Paul
I've just returned from a week in lovely Alvor.
I must say I'm quite shocked at just how much people are paying for transfers.

For myself and my 10 year old Grandson, I paid just over 11 euro's from Faro airport to our hotel in Alvor.
I paid 4e for a taxi from Faro airport to Faro train station, and 1- 40c for me, and 70c for my Grandson's ticket on the train to Portimao. A taxi from Portimao train station to our hotel apartment cost 5 .euro's.

Portugal's trains aren't pretty but they're solid, cheap, spacious, and usually always on time.
Also a good way of seeing the countryside.

Alas, our flights home were late, so we couldn't use the train, but we used the "resort hoppa"
which cost 12e each.
Perhaps when people are paying £1,000 for a two weeks holiday an extra £78 return for a transfer is acceptable. BTW that is a high price for Albufeira journeys. Average price for a minibus type move is about £55. The cheaper the ride the more likely you are to be in a big bus with multiple drop offs and you are always the last.

£78 sounds like a personal door to door transfer which many people prefer.

4 Euros for a taxi Airport to Faro? Are you sure? I never paid less than 8 up to 2 years ago when I stopped using them.
My friend will get buses when on her holiday to keep costs down (they travel a lot during the year so have to 'economise' but we usually only have one or two holidays and so if we don't hire a car we'd arrange transport or taxi. I like to come out of the airport and my transport be there waiting but that's because I'm impatient and want to be in my accommodation now! :rofl
I THOUGHT that was cheap cubsur!!!!

I have a feeling the female driver may have taken pity on my young Grandson who's ears had been badly affected by the flight, and who, although a brave little chap, was crying with earache.
I must admit, if I have a daytime flight, we usually catch the bus to the train station from the airport, so I'm not familiar with taxi charges as a rule.
When we don't hire a car, I use J&S Transfers jandstransfers.com €40 from Faro to Armacao de Pera...

Very reliable, and meet you at the airport and drop you at your door, I recommend to all my cliants.

Hope this helps.... Jon
Hi

Looking for a transfer to go from Faro airport to Montegordo. There will be 6 adults and quite a bit of luggage. Can anyone recommend a good company.
Thanks
Sunaddict, We used a company (used by the owner of the apt. we rented in the summer) called Easygo - http://www.easygo-holidays.pt. Ask for a quote. We found them to be punctual and the driver really friendly, and the vehicle (a merc minibus) beautifully clean. No harm trying them. Sorry I can't be of more help. Good Luck. cc :)
colettemc
Thanks for that. Will have a look at their website.
Any good minibus taxi firms that can take 15 plus about 10 bags.
faro to albufeira(parque da corcovada)
Price would be good too!
  • Edited by Robo20 2011-01-24 13:41:30
Robo20, try the firm I mentioned just above. I stayed in Parque da Corcovada last year. They know it very well & may be able to take your party.
ccmc
Hi

Can anyone recommend a reliable taxi service from faro to Tavira? There will only be two fo us and two cases

Many thanks

Nanete
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.