Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Hi Gabba

Not sure if you have booked yet. If not, try the link on my post a couple of comments up. Our apartments were in Praia da Oura and the company were more than efficient.
havent booked yet as waiting confimation from hotel company silly me i went ahead and booked the flights doh lol thanks for reply will check your post out

Thanks

:EDIT: just got confirmed for the hotel thanks for that link i did come across them but was waiting to hear from people who has used somewhere before.

sent them my booking so 12hours they will get back to me :D all happy now this is my 3rd Holiday this year
Haha thanks anyway :)
Ended up paying €50 for a taxi there (ridiculous!) but made up for it by booking a transfer back via ticketshop for €22.50 for the 2 of us today. Had a good time in Albufeira :)
hi Gabba, just returned from Albufeira,and we used Faro airport transfers who i
thought were excellent .They were on time for both pick-up and return journey to airport
I'm going with owners in portugal using the silver package 85 euro return for two of us... They offered 70euro for the private shuttle so got it at 7.50 euro each for the car which i thought was good.
how do you book the journey through ticketshop andrew?. Do you do it online or go into a shop?Thanks this may sound thick but we usually take the bus transfer provided but sit and moan when it takes forever.If its only 22euros we would book that way.
Wow the price of a Taxi must of gone up Quiet a bit when i was there in July it Was only €35 for a Taxi to Albufeira to put it up €15 in a few week is a liberty
We used Owners in Portugal last year, Alan was fab, waiting for us at the airport, very informative, comfy car, brought us to a shop (we needed water and milk for our small daughter) as it was late evening and picked us up bang on time. Have recommended him to friends who have also used him and found him great.
Glad to hear you enjoyed your holiday Andrew. :cheers
pjn1978 wrote:
Wow the price of a Taxi must of gone up Quiet a bit when i was there in July it Was only €35 for a Taxi to Albufeira to put it up €15 in a few week is a liberty

It depends on which way the driver goes I am afraid, 50 is more normal than 35.
Hi Gabba-NL

Could I suggest a site that takes online bookings for several types of transfers.
I've been recommended by several online bookers (golfers) that have been in the Algarve.

Visit ezclick transfers they even do wheelchair transfers for handicapped.
I agree Perry, they all seem to use the motorway, which I think is the long way round, as apposed to using the 125 and then the 625 through Pata, Vale de Carro, Branqueira & then into Albufeira.
I have got a price from Travel Republic for a shuttle bus return from the airport to Albufeira for the 2 of us for £23.!!!! :D
Bobbies I think that a shuttle bus picks other passengers up as well, so I would allow plenty time on your pick up for your return journey to the airport, otherwise you could be on the last minutes.
Jayjan

We are going end of November, so hopefully there wont be many to pick up :tup
The quieter the time of year, the more likelihood there is that the one bus will be carrying passengers for multiple resorts. :duh
Sagres wrote:
The quieter the time of year, the more likelihood there is that the one bus will be carrying passengers for multiple resorts. :duh

Good point, well made mate!
Bobbies, I would make sure you book your return giving you plenty time to book in and the usual boring things like security and passport control.As Sagres says in winter when tourists are spread around the Algarve you may have more people on your bus, so you gotta allow for that. Hubby once booked a company, unbe-known to him it was a shuttle bus, he ended up waiting 40 minutes for someone in Vilamoura and only just made his flight at Faro.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.