Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
airtours
6 Posts
I guess what I'm saying is if you have a problem then it is worth complaining as you get nothing if you don't.

Beter yet, if you have a problem complain at the time with the intention of getting it fixed rather than later and aiming for financial compensation.

This approach would require perhaps more responsive rep's and resort management and is consequently more expensive than one centralised complaints department with instructions to delay and fob-off.

Just a Friday's cynical view I thought I'd share.

Mike
Beter yet, if you have a problem complain at the time with the intention of getting it fixed rather than later and aiming for financial compensation

Think that comment is a bit unfair Mike!

How many of us say nothing thinking it's a big company and they won't do anything (having had problems with Thomson previously I speak from experience). The company was in the wrong and have compensated di39 as a result.

Well done di39 - great result.
Meant to add that when you've paid good money for your holiday to relax and unwind and you find yourself in a room being decorated then why shouldn't you complain?

It's an inconvenience, Airtours are obviously more than aware of the fact hence why they've coughed up.
In response to what Mike had to say I would like to add that I did complain in resort and had the complaints form to prove it hence that is probably one of the reasons they paid me money. I could not be moved as all the other apartments that were not being worked on were full. also I booked these apartments because of the entertainment on offer only to be told that the entertainments person had gone on holiday.
If airtours had informed me before I went then I would not have gone to these apts. I clearly was not after compensation as I thought like many others I would not get any. It wasnt until I read other complaints about airtours on this board that made me decide to write and I might add I'm glad I did.

Diane.
Better yet, if you have a problem complain at the time with the intention of getting it fixed rather than later and aiming for financial compensation.

My earlier quote may have been seen to be a little harsh - it wasn't meant to be.

I'm glad that di39 was satisfactorily compensated.

I was trying to suggest that had I been in that situation I would not have accepted the room at the outset and had the hotel been full I'd have asked to be moved to a similar or better quality hotel for the duration of the decoration. I've had my share of hassles in hotels and generally speaking have had them resolved to my satisfaction at the time. Claiming upon my return has to be a last resort as no amount of money can compenate for a stressful holiday.

Thanks for pointing out my unsubtle comment though tisonlymoi, I'll try to be more sensitive next time.

Well done Diane.

Mike
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.