Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
They are being very crafty. They have fixed it so that you are 11 hours less in the resort, and in their BOOKING CONDITIONS they define a major change one in which "They need to reduce your stay in the resort by over 12 hours."

I still think it could be considered a major change for which you are entitled to your money back plus compensation. You should seek professional advice -

We have teamed up with Ros Fernihough, Travel Law Solicitor, to provide the best information available.

Ros has offered our members free impartial legal advice. Please note that Ros does not read or post on this board any contact to her must be made via :-

Tel :- 01922 621114

And/or your local Trading Standards dept.

See what they say.

Peter
I make it that it's an 18 hour change - so you'll probably have some comeback on the booking conditions.
Elenitsa

The change is 18 hrs going out and 7 on return therefore the change is as Peter says 11hrs, just within their 12 hrs quoted in booking conditions.

Patka
Thanks - missed that bit!
You will find what you need to know here down below.
The outward leg of your journey is a major change.

*edit
sorry funnyboy - I had to delete the extract as it is copyright. We can post links but not extracts.
Welcome to HT though :D
Fiona ht mod*
I could have posted that funnyboy, but I know the Terms and Conditions of Use of this website -

18. Copying Material from Other Sites
For copyright reasons, material from other websites may not be reproduced on our pages. Any such posts will be deleted.

That's why I posted a link to the booking conditions.

However I would still seek legal advice as I think these conditions could be considered unreasonable.

Peter
Anyone ever been in the same boat as me??

With Airtours yes, they are very crafty, tried to bump me from a 5* hotel that I'd booked 12 months previous and downgrade to an inferior 4* property in the middle of nowhere - just 5 days notice as well. Even argued with me that it wasn't a major change and I wasn't entitled to a refund. I got the refund eventually and they've never had my business since.

Keep at them if you're not satisfied. Good luck.
Keep at them?? I rang their customer service and held on the line for 33 minutes!!! Then they cut me off!
Here is the correct time now:

Original Flight
Leave Belfast 07.00
Leave Palma 12.05 (Midday)

New Flight
Leave Belfast 23.59
Leave Palma 20.30

I make that more than 12 hours
Kellycrasher

Airtours say 'less than 12 hrs difference' in resort.

I'm afraid that the difference is 11hrs on the flight times you are quoting.

!7 hours going out but "compensated" by 8 hrs on return.

Really feel for you on this one.

Patka
I really do recommend contacting Ros on this one. It is possible that the Airtours booking conditions might be considered unfair. Other companies define significant change being one of flight alteration by 12 hours. NOT time in resort.

You need expert advice.

Peter
yes- I would agree with Peter here. Making it 12 hous in resort is a bit cheeky IMO.
Hi. I have just done a check on Holiday warehouse looking for a holiday to see the times of flights. Don't know if you are going for 7 or 14 nights, but if 7 they are advertising holidays with a differ flight see here,

Flight Details
Date Time Airports Flight Code Carrier
Saturday, 07 July 2007 18:05 Belfast (BFS) IPM7 AHL
Majorca (PMI)

Majorca (PMI) AHL
09:25 Belfast (BFS)

Think it is better than what they are offering you. Karen
Going for 14 nights - been on that the travel agent today and they are trying to get me on a 16.00 flight
This is from airtours website itself so there is a flight coming back here also
21-Jul-2007 06:00
To: Belfast Intl
Arriving: 21-Jul-2007 07:45
Just to let you all know that Airtours have changed me to a flight leaving Belfast at 17.50 - better than 23.59!!

Thank you for everyones help and advice
thats good news- thanks for letting us know the outcome :D
Glad to hear you are not a bit happier Kelly.

I would have thought though that the holiday could have been cancelled due to the outward journey having over a 12 hour flight time alteration. I'm sure, legally, that this is classed as a major change and therefore cancellation would be possible without penalty. :shrug
I might ring Ros and clarify as this will annoy me now :lol:
Glad to hear you are not a bit happier Kelly.

She sounds a bit happier to me Glynis :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.