Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Hi Sue,

October's a nice time to go to Albufeira - no crowds, and plenty of bars and restaurants open in the Old Town. Zoomarine and the water parks will be open, and the weather will still be quite warm (even hot) during the day. Take a jacket for the evenings, when it will be colder, and something in case it rains. Could still be beach weather. In fact with kids I think I can say it will DEFINITELY be beach weather!
We went to Albufeira for 2 weeks in October a couple of years back and the weather was brilliant. We had one overcast and windy day and one thunderstorm through early evening till late but the rest of the time the weather was scorching. We always holiday in October, and this was one of the best places weatherwise. As Roseweb said everything is still open and you don't have the huge crowds. Would definately go back in October again.
Yes you can expect daytime temperatures in the 70's during October but do watch out for the rain, it's always a possibility.

Most places stay open until the end of October although you might find some of the beach activities stopped.

You are sure to have a good time.
Take coats with you. It gets chilly at night time, and the air is very damp in Portugal that time of year. :tup
Sounds great!!

Thank you all for your help.

I can't wait now, there is 13 of us going. We lost our Dad a few weeks ago so it will be nice to have happier times together.

Thanks again.
Ahhh, we lost my Husband's lovely Dad a few weeks ago too. (April)
We have a sister-in-law living in Praia-da-Luz,
and we're all going over at the end of October for what would have been his 80th Birthday.
He loved Portugal, as he could still sit in the bars and smoke his pipe. (bless).

The weather in Portugal can be unpredictable.
I went for 2 weeks in June once and it was dreadful,
but been in October and November, and it's been lovely.
(even had sunbathing weather in January once)!!!
Just make the best of what you get, that's my philosophy.
Lets raise a glass to our Dad's in October, and just
Have a great time, he would like you to!! :)
Sorry to hear that pandy, I shall be raising a few glasses for him and so will the family....he loved to raise many glasses lol.

Thanks for the info, We will come prepared. The trouble is, we are paying for all 13 to go and my husband doesn't want to pay for any suitcases, mind you, they are £23 each way, so I don't blame him lol. So, we have very little space and therefore only want to take what I need. I think we will just take a couple of cardi's for the evening.

Thanks again for all your help and advice, have a great time and have several drinks for your father-in-law. xx
Hello all, Stanman here and, yes, I've been missing in action for ages!

Now I'm wondering what the weather should be like in October on the Algarve. I've been there in late September, coming back a couple or so days into October. It was ok then. We're going on the 11th I think and I'm expecting decent weather.

We did the West Coast of the USA last November and saw only 5 minutes of rain in 13 days. It was great.

So then, teeshirt and shorts for the daytime and jeans and a jacket for the night? Sounds good to me.

See yaz.
stan, we are also going there that week, we travel on the 10th October. There will be 14 of us, not hard to miss, say hello if you see us.

Have a great time and lets hope the weather is good for all of us.

x
My plans have changed and I will be flying out to Lagos on 9th October,
just me and my 10 year old Grand-son.
Not quite how we planned it, and just 2 weeks after returning
from Turkey for a fortnight. (flying out tomorrow night).
I must admit, I love Lagos, and I'm more excited about my week in
Portugal than my main 2 weeks in Turkey, as it will be an adventure
without the Hubby. :D
stan, we are also going there that week, we travel on the 10th October. There will be 14 of us, not hard to miss, say hello if you see us.

Sue, we're off on the 11th from Manchezter so we won't see you at the airport. However there's a nice, if not stretched, photo of you in your profile so I'll try and memorise it on the off chance that our paths may cross!

Have a good one :sun2 , we're counting down!

S.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.