DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
ALDI Travel
9 Posts
Aldi Travel has already been discussed on here. I think they book hotels and flights separately,so you dont get the protection you do when booking a package holiday.
They claim that every aspect of your holiday is covered. They are ABTA bonded for complete packages but if you only book one aspect then this seems to indicate that they have insurance to cover this, although like most things, I guess its open to interpretation.

http://www.alditravel.co.uk/faqs.php#sfc

They do have a fair amount of weight behind them, they own over 5000 supermarkets worldwide and have always been in profit, at the end of the day we all need to eat!!

Nothing is guaranteed in this life but I'd feel just as comfortable booking with Aldi as anyone else.

Mark
I shop at Aldi and Lidl and I suppose once the travel section is established I will probably book a holiday with them,if they are as competitive as Portland etc.
This just in... Thomas Cook will now do your weekly shopping for you and Thomsons are selling exhaust pipes.
:que I mean honestly why dont these companies stick to what they know and stop trying foul things up by meddling with what they dont deal in!
They may do a very good job of it and if they do then it can only make Thomson and Thomas Cook to try even harder!!
Yes they might, then again they might not and without all the proper protection, which they havent got because they dont have an atol bond, they might cause more misery for the travelling public.
They are German owned so in Theory should be very good but in a previous discussion on Aldi travel on December 15th it seems they are using a Malta based holiday company.
Perhaps the mods could merge these posts.
The topics are in two different forums Jay and if merged, members using this forum may be unable to find the discussion.

It's probably best that I just close this topic to reduce duplication, and allow members to continue discussion by following THIS link to the original topic.

David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.