Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Hi Julie,

I thought I might be able to help you as I guessed it might be Jompra, which is a restaurant. But the place you're asking about is about half a mile north of Jompra and I just can't think what it could be. I'm sure Cubsur or someone else will be along soon to let you know.

But I can thoroughly recommend Jompra, particularly if it's within walking distance of your villa, as the food is excellent and the prices mid range.

Have a great time! :wave
Hi there, thanks for the info and Jompra Restaurant certainly looks worth a visit, however, it's not the mystery building! The one I'm looking for is further north on the same road, past the Sports bar but before the Solar das Olivieras.
Thank you

Julie :que
There is a huge half built but abandoned hotel development in that area. That might be it. There certainly is no shopping mall.

There are a couple of other resort hotels which might show up as half built on Google maps eg the CS Sao Rafael.
Hello Cubsur
Thanks for your reply - I guess I'll just have to wait until I get out there to find out what this place is! I should really be more concerned that the villa I'm staying in appears as a broken down farm house on Google maps :yikes
Julie
I take it the building is the complex with the big car park just down from the 526, which you can see on the aerial photos rather than the map.

In which case see, http://albufeira.com/directory/advert.asp?pub=893 - Supermercado Castelo I believe!
Hey Steve thank you so much - you've got it!! It looks like a great place to have within walking distance of the villa :cheers

Julie
I bought ice creams for the family in there on the way back from the beach 3 weeks or so ago. Its a handy wee supermarket.

Lummie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.