Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
My old fashioned book dictionary gives it as Dill,Fennel as well, knowing how the Bulgarians love their dill I suggest that dill would be the best option.

Just checked the other way around and there is just that word for dill and same word plus another for Fennel.

Patka
thanks Patka. When I get home I'll open the bag for a sniff. Just didn't want to open it until I had used my current stock of savory but that hardly relevent now :duh I loce dill and how they put it on potatoes so it will get used up :tup
Hi Alison,

It's almost certainly Dill, as Patka says - used in many traditional dishes.

Baldur
thanks Baldur. A friend from work is going in a few weeks so I'll ask him to get me some from one of the stalls. I left it too late to sort it out before my airport transfer was due to arrive and none of the supermarkets seemed to have any, just the cuminy spice thing.
Hello everybody.
Can you recommend a good Bulgarian language course, either from English, Russian or Greek, as I speak these languages. I'm going to Bourgas in 2 weeks time, where can I buy it there? :think
Is there anything at all I can get on-line, translator, dictionary?
How to get to use Cyrillic symbols on my PC?
Help please :( Kind regards
Elena
Hi Elena,

There are many online dictionaries, etc. One of the best, although by no means perfect, is Webtrance, which allows online translation of up to 20 pieces of text, each of up to 500 characters, per day.

The program can be downloaded for use offline and, for a small payment (currently 29 Leva/14.95 Euro) offers virtually unlimited machine translation.

I use a virtual keyboard to enter Cyrillic text into my computer.

Най-добри поздрави, (best wishes)

Baldur
Thank you so much for your tip, Baldur.
I shal try to use it as soon as I have a bit of time.
Kind regards.
Elena
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.