Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Hi

Which hotels were you interested in??

Is there a resort you prefer?? what are your needs for the hotel does it need to be near a beach? do you like to have good entertainment/bars on your doorstep??

Also when are you looking at going??

Sorry for all the questions but if you can give us a idea of the sort of things you are looking for we can give you all our opinions!! :rofl
resort does matter, which resort(s) are nice?? never been to this area before.

does have to be near the beach we a fit enuf to walk bt if there a nice beach hotles please all say.

what is the night life like in lanzarote ??

we have bn to other parts but not lanzarote so i have got a clue about ???
Hi

I suggest you start by reading the resort reports HERE and hotel reviews HERE for starters :wink:

Pippy :D
hotel reviews bn reading them for ages but its confusseing? i cant make up my mind
Please can you not shorten your words as it's difficult to read.

Thanks.

Pippy :D
The three main resorts are puerto del carmen (PDC), costa teguise and playa blanca.

I have only ever stayed in playa blanca so can only speak for that - playa blanca is probably the quietest of the three resorts and tends to attract more young families with young children (which is what we are!!) there are plenty of bars and restaurants in town and in the rubicon marina but it is not lively in the same way that somewhere like magaluf or ayia napa would be. In playa blanca though all the all inclusive hotels i can think of are set a way out of the town so that means that you would either have to stick with the hotels for evening entertainment or get taxis into town (which from even the furthest hotels out of town is about 3 euros i think)

The livliest resort is pdc which has the widest choice of bars + clubs etc but again not anything like magaluf/ayia napa type.

I have never been to costa teguise so cant really comment on that perhaps someone else can be more helpful about which one to go for as like i said we like playa blanca and not stayed in any of the other resorts :oops:

Good luck with the holiday hunting - have you got any hotels you really like the look of?? if so put the names on and we will be able to tell you if its on a beach or near/far away from town etc etc it might help narrow it down abit!!
either paradise Island, or Club Riosol Playa Blanca
Los Fiscos (Ml)Puerto Del Carmen but Papagayo arena Playa Blanca looks nice tho. I dont know i am :?
Hi again

IMHO the papagayo arena is the nicest out of the 4 hotels you mention with the best reputation!

It is quite far out of the main resort though, it is set on a beach although that beach is abit pebbly/black sand/grit but if you walk for about 10 mins over a headland next to the hotel you get to the stunning papagayo beaches which are a nature reserve (you may spot the odd nudist though :oops:)

On the main lanzarote page there is a 3 page discussion about the papagayo arena (sorry dont know how to do the link things :oops: ) that may tell you bit more

This http://www.sandoshotels.com/en/papagayo/zona.php is the hotels own website which even shows you on google earth where it is
any other hotels that are nice that you know off :?

what is the Resort like? whats it like for clubbing?

any good shops about water parkts ect....

thanks for your help all .
I may be wrong (my clubbing days are abit behind me now :wink ) but playa blanca is not really the place for clubs its a more chilled out kind of resort.

If its clubs and shops you want you may be better off in puerto del carmen as its abit more lively and there is a shopping centre there (deiland shopping centre?) which has shops like zara and mango

The only water park on the island is in costa teguise - we have never been so cant tell you what its like - it does get very mixed reviews on here though :?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.