Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hi kellyrich ... before you are bombarded with recommendations for the Flamingo Oasis, can you tell us if that is one which you have already ruled out, as I see it was recommended to you for last year's holiday.

David :wave
The ones which i have looked at after pricing up on websites are Olympus, Luxmar, Evamar, Playamar, Vistamar, Playamar and the Flamingo Playa! I got some good prices for these but the reviews are terrible!

I know some people go over the top sometimes when they write their reviews so i do keep an open mind and try to not take it all in, but i did that this year and we stayed in a terrible hotel in Turkey so would like a decent one next year! we just want somewhere where we can eat something that is edible and has a nice pool area, we have no children and would be out of the hotel on an evening so can anybody recommend anywhere?
Hi kellyrich ... are you aware that with several of those places, you would have to be out during the day as well as the evening, as they are self catering apartments rather than all inclusive hotels ?

An all inclusive option is available, but you have to go to another hotel to make use of the facility. That hotel may not be on the doorstep, it could be a long walk or a taxi ride away. For example, I believe guests at the Evamar, Luxmar or Playamar Apartments make use of the all inclusive facilities at the Hotel Flamingo Benidorm. Perhaps that's why you are finding what you believe to be good prices, as the more expensive options may be genuine all inclusive hotels.

Is that an arrangement which is suitable to you, or would you prefer recommendations confined to proper all inclusive hotels with all facilities under the one roof ?

David :wave
Kellyrich why go All inclusive if its only food that bothers you? Go full board at a decent hotel where the food is highly recomended. The Calypso is said to be brilliant for one. Might be a better option for you and a whole lot cheeper in the long run. Hope you find what you are looking for have fun. :)
Hi

We were thinking of going half or full board but to be honest we like to have a few drinks round the pool on an afternoon before we get ready to go out and then just before we leave the hotel we like to have a few so it saves money that way, and we do like our drink quite a bit so not sure what our best option will be at the moment, just wanting to get something booked. Thanks for your help
Hi Kellyrich, I don't know how soon you want to book, but we're going to the Regente A/I 3 weeks today. I can let you know how we got on if that helps? Linda.
I too wonder why you're going all inclusive!

I know it's each to their own, what suits me might not suit you.

When I went with family (kids) I went AI.

Now we go as a couple, we go self catering.

That way we get to choose where we eat, drink and are entertained.

There are a lot of places where beer is 1 euro a pint and local spirits really cheap.

If you're going to go AI then still go out a lot then, surely you're wasting money! :D
No really Rennie most of the A/I we have been have been cheaper than self catering,e.g last year at the FLAMINGO BENIDORM was £199 for 7nights still cheap enough to eat out if food was rotten but it was great would definately go back again
i go full board when i go to the Calypso.for a extra pound its worth it.a/i is ok but you really have to work out are you going to get your moneys worth.ok drinks are on tap all day.but will you end up stuck in the hotel all day just to get value for money.i don;t spend the amount they charge on drinks in a day anyway.

its fine for some but not for me.i only drink beer at night.and only have 4 pints anyway.tea/coffee i can live with out.i have 4/5 cups of tea at breakfast and the odd coffee out in a cafe.thing is most i know you go a/i end up missing breakfast.and end up eating out.so they are wasting money in the end.fine if you have kids or you do drink alot.

just got back from ibiza and its killing some resort a/i.ok people do nip out for a walk and drink.but at 11pm you can see them in packs walking back to the hotels for last orders.

noticed a few hotels now don;t give out bottles of water.they open a big bottle into a glass.over the years people were stocking up on water.either for the room or if they had booked a trip out.at meal times they give you a jug.
Hi Haggis

What did you think to the Flamingo Benidorm?

I have found a really good deal, £979 A/I for 2 weeks in June for 2 of us, which i thought was really cheap! It is staying in the Flamingo Playa and A/I at the Flamingo Benidorm. Was the food edible and was the pool area ok?

Thanks
We stayed in the Calypso last June and were lucky enough to still benefit from their 2 for 1 drinks offer (it finished the end of June). The 2 for 1 worked out great as everything was included ie coffee, bottles of water and, unlike some AI hotels even the branded spirits were included in the offer.

We were full board and the lunchtime menu was surprisingly good, the food was what most hotels would serve for evening meals. We found all the food excellent there.

Just hope they have the same offer on this year.
Price up the Regente for when you want to go!

Best Regards - Taggy
Have just got back from 4 day's AI at the Regente.
Food was ok service was great, my only complaint was that the air conditioning was not on and it was too hot in the rooms.
Hi,
We stayed at the Monaco Hotel in November for 5 days AI @ £285 each; see my post in the Hotel Reviews. The hotel had been closed for 3 years for refurbishment so take no notice of the previous reviews as the hotel is completely different now!! It is in a fantastic location too, within easy walking distance of the Old Town, Poniente Beach, and very close to the Levante Beach. Don't know how much it is in the summer months but we are definately re-booking for next November! We had not been to Benidorm for 30 years and we love dancing and good entertainment of which there is plenty in the resort if not always in the Hotel - we were out til at least 2am every night!!
Good luck
Hi there,

I haven't used holiday truths for a long while now as I haven't been on holiday anywhere, lol.
I am looking to go to Benidorm with my 13yr old daughter and her friend in June this year. I am looking for all-inclusive and wondered if anyone has any up to date information. I had originally been looking at the Levante club but the girls are too young. I've already been to the Los Dalmatas and the feedback on the Flamingo oasis on here is not good. I have now come across the Sandos Monaco and wondered if this is as good as it looks. We definitely want to go all-inclusive so that the girls don't have to ask me for money for drinks, snacks etc all the time. I'm hoping it will save me money in the long run, lol. I realise it's all about opinions and i'm grateful for any you might have.

Thanks, Karen x :cheers
Sandos Monaco certainly does look nice, and i think would be a good choice. I think The Regente would also be a good choice too and might come considerably cheaper than the Monaco. Have a compare on the likes of Alpharooms and Travel Republic. Have stayed at The Regente and liked it but not on all inclusive...but they do offer that option now. Its a smaller, family friendly hotel, with decent food and nice staff. I liked The Dalmatus too when i stayed there in December!

Best Regards - Taggy
Hi

I have just booked for the flamingo benidorm, this will be our 3rd visit. We have always enjoyed it and find the rooms are lovely and spacious especially if you are taking kiddies. I shopped around this year checking our different hotels and the only hotel which was better in price was the los Dalmatas but the kids would have had to share a bed, not good if you are going in peak time. The food is also good at this hotel (except the snacks but theres loads of choices at meal times, so you wont go hungry) I would give the flamingo a try !!!

Hope this Helps. x
Hi there,

Just wanted to let you know that I have booked the Sandos Monaco and will let you know how it is when I get home. We don't go until 26th June but I will add my review on it.

Thanks, Karen :cheers
Hope you have a good time there, certainly seems nice!

Best Regards - Taggy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.