Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
We are off to the Royal Playa del Carmen on 1st September. Adults all inclusive. No reservations needed for any restaurants. On the beach and just off 5th Ave, so best of both worlds. It looks fantastic on the website.!! Can't wait!! Will do a review when we get back.
Denny
Just a thought is the weather ok to go to in sept , someone told me to wait till nov but I would rather book for sept myself (new to Mexico!)
Mel
we have been in september before and it was very humid with the odd shower and we are going again in september in 3 weeks staying at the wynham viva maya playacar it is all inclusive and it is supposed to have the best beach so we will see.
I'd like to recommend any of the Riu hotels in Mexico. Do you want to stay in Cancun or elsewhere. We stayed in the Riu Tequila Playa Car last August and couldn't fault it. We could use all the facilities of it's 2 sister hotels next door if we wanted. The only thing it isn't directly on the beach- but we used to take the motorised cart to go to the beach at the Riu Yucatan or you could walk it in 5 minutes. The Yucatan was lovely too but found most people came to the Tequila for the evening entertainment. As I said earlier you can use the 3 hotels for ents, food etc as long as you have your evening meal in the hotel you're staying at. This way , we found we didn't get bored as there was lots of changes of scene.

If you fancy Cancun, I've heard excellent reports on the Riu Cancun and Riu Caribi, again I believe the AI applies to the use of more than one hotel. Good luck with your choice.
Thanks for helping so far, I think we fancy the riviera maya somewhere and so far the xcaret looks good , i'm just a bit worried that it will be too big although I suppose it is spread out over a big area (worried that it will be too crowded for us am I being silly?)
Mel
Hi Crockergirl,
take a look at the Rius on Riviera Maya. They've got lots of reviews in the Hotel Review section.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.