Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Three words Sol Mirlos Tordos covers everythink you are looking for and then some
Have looked at the Marina Corfu on the net. and it looks really nice, have you stayed there Graham? Was there much around the hotel ie a few shops or bars and an arcade for the kids aged 10 and 12 or do you have to go into cala d'or if you want a change of scenery? Would probably have to go in school summer hols so are the rooms air con? Thanks
Hi

We stayed at the Skorpios which is the sister hotel just over the small beach, you can use the facilities at both hotels.
Both hotels are set on the small sandy inlet of Cala Egos. There are a variety of shops, bars, internet cafes and restaurants in Cala Egos only a couple of minutes away from the hotel.
There is also a taxi rank in Cala egos if you wish to go in to the much bigger Cala d'Or and it costs 5 euros ? or you can stroll through the marina area in about 20 minutes.
I think there was an arcade for children but to be honest ours are a bit older and were more interested in the internet and chatting on MSN :roll:

The rooms do have air conditioning and also a small fridge.

As I mentioned the Corfu and Skorpios are located either side of a very nice small sandy cove.

This picture shows both hotels and the inlet, the Corfu is the hotel on the right at the top of the picture
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/big-graham/Avatar/PMI_MARC-exter-1.jpg

This picture shows the Corfu and its location on the beach

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/big-graham/Avatar/PMI_MARC-beach-1.jpg

This picture shows the main pool which is located between both hotels just to the rear of the beach

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/big-graham/Avatar/PMI_MARC-poolo-1.jpg

Several tour companies use the hotels so it is worth shopping around for the best price or you can book them yourself if you want to go DIY.
If you do decide to go ask for a sea view as you get the best of the sun and also a nice view.

Graham
hi, we've just booked the Hotetur Hotel Lagamonte in Alcudia, all inclusive for next year. we have 2 kids and an infant. we looked on google earth and its quite close to the beach and the waterpark and there are a few supermarkets (spar) and pubs /restaurants close by if you fancied a change one mealtime. its right by a lake and its 2nd pool and snack bar is actually on an island in the middle of the lake accessed via foot bridge. gets quite good reviews. we booked through direct holidays, quite a good price.
Hi Graham thanks for the info. I do like the look of the hotel but 4 out 5 of the last reviews on ht criticise the food saying its greasy truckers food. Have been all inc twice to the hotel america in calas de mallorca and dont expect michelin standards but wouldnt like to go somewhere food was inedible. What did you think of the food at the skorpios/corfu? thanks
I think you have looked at the Skorpios hotel reviews.

The Corfu is much better
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/

We stayed in the Skorpios but did tend to eat at the Corfu as there was a better selection and better preperation there, everybody found plenty (to much) to eat and the food was very nice, as good as I have had in any hotel.
There is also the normal selection of snacks e.g. burgers, chips, filled rolls, ice cream etc available during the day.

I wouldn't have a problem going back to the hotels.

Also check THESE reviews for more information and there is also a link to more pictures at the top of the page.
Thanks again Graham I looked at the reviews on the other website and these were more positive. I would probably have to go in the school summer holidays so I expect that the hotel would be very busy as are most at peak times. Who did you book with for the best price? Direct holidays quote £2000 for 11 nights end of July based on 2 adults and 1 child. Do you think this is reasonable? Thanks so much for your info
Thanks Graham have sent you the dates etc.
def has to be Marina Pax just back from there in June 2007! was amazin! the hotel entertainers really made our holiday one to remember the friendliest people ever!! they put on there own performances EVERY night we were there for 2 weeks and didnt see the same show twice! its great!they also have a mini disco for kids, they get the kids dressed up in costumes and have a great laugh! its literally down a few steps and your at the lovely clean beach! and its walkin distance to the strip, so its clear from the noise of the nightlife in magaluf! plenty of sunloungers and a mini golf for the kids free of charge!
they have 4 different activities for the kids every day and the kids club is always open with its own club and they have a certificate awards every night for kids who won the tasks! swing and park in the hotel also.!
plus you have the option to use the facilities in the sister hotel barracuda but this is where most younger people are put and will be a little louder! the marina pax is defo what you are looking for!
easy check in, wonderful staff large choice of food especially the kids section thats what most people ate from actually lol.

hope i helped

(was 5 18 year old girls that went not as lively as we would have liked and loads of families there) xx
I have been to Skorpios Marina and Hotel America and enjoyed them both,I thought the food was a slightly better in America as I found it very English in the Skorpios. Both hotels were very close to a selection of shops,bars etc.
Entertainment was ok at Skorpios but we were there 1st week they opened in May and so they were only just getting it all sorted.
Thanks carol and Paula. Will have a look at the marina pax. have been last two years to the America Carol really enjoyed it but was looking for a change for next year. I bet we end up going back there..
I have just returned from the Hotel America in Calas De Mallorca this afternoon

It was great food worthy of its 3 stars,, always 3/4 meal choices, with a choice normally of chips, potatoes, rice or pasta to accompany

A carvery each night, Turkey, Beef. Veal (hotels fave meat !! ) chicken, pork

Choice of about five puddings, mainly mousses, caramels, jellies. Ice cream in small tubs & very yummy ! and always fresh fruit on offer.

Room was air conditioned which you controlled yourrself, so there is no need to keep the balcony doors open. Closing them also reduced any noise. Entertainment was always finished by 12am to 12.30am.

Pools (there are 2) are rectangular, but go deep fairly quickly and I would advise children are supervised by an adult if they do not use armbands.

Down some 20 or so steps, is a shop, past that a very short walk is a lovely beach called cala domingos.

Entertainmsnt was great, show, entertainment wevery night, as is bingo (1.50 Euros for a bingo ticket,) full house being around 140 euros depending on sales. Kids disco starts at 8.30pm. bingo 9.30pm & show 10pm.

were planning a return trip next year

(will post a full report in the next few days ) :lol:
will post a full report in the next few days

Look forward to it ;)
Kath x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.