Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hie Sue40

Whilst you are awiaiting some recommendations, why not check out our review section for hotels HERE

Kath HT Admin
I don't think all inclusive is a good idea in Bulgaria. Food in the hotels is not as good as in the many very reasonably priced restaurants, and can be repetitive. Hotel bars in all inclusive hotels may offer limited choice and be poorly staffed so as to create long queues.

It is a matter of personal choice but I would steer clear of all inclusive.

Peter
i agree, i have been to golden sands twice, once bed and breakfast, never again food in hotel disgusting, and second time self catering, lovely food in numerous resteraunts all around the resort, breakfast dinner and tea and really cheap too. i had been told lots of times that hotel food was terrible and it was.
My friend went to Elenite holiday village last year AI and she ate out as the food was disgusting.
Thanks to everyone for their comments. Will take these on board.
You are spoilt for choice in Bulgaria with a great variety of restaurants, if you can try to get a bed and breakfast deal at a hotel. It would be a great shame to go there and not sample all that is available. We have enjoyed some wonderful meals there.
Hi, Have to agree with all the comments. All inclusive isn't a good deal in Bulgaria. Food and drink very cheap and a wealth of decent restaurants.

8) Toonman
Hi. We stayed in the Helios Palace about 3 years ago. We originally intended booking self catering or B&B as it was so cheap to eat out. However on pricing up all our options decided to go with the A/I option as it wasn't much more than most of the B&B accomodation. As we had such a good price, we still ate out on a number of occasions during our 2 week holiday. We then had the benefit of all our drinks and lunch paid for while we sunbathed around the pool. I reckon we had the best of both worlds.
I've got to agree with Shirley on this one; we've been to Bulgaria on B&B, HB and AI, and spent about the same each time! We're going back this year, AI again, purely because I can get a free child place (August, remember), by going AI, but not by any other means.
That said, in past years when we've been AI, we've still eaten out about half the time, so really it IS the best of both worlds, as Shirley said. My advice would be to cost upall your options, then decide what you want to do. :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.