Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Reviews are mixed and there are many of them but personally I would highly recommend the Club Mac complex in Alcudia for your party size I think it would be ideal. Food and drinks were excellent with a massive choice, the complex itself is massive(9 pools IIRC), Entertainment was of a very good quality(probs the best we have had in any AI) and Alcudia itself and the beach are beautiful. Depending on who you book through you also get free access to the waterpark across the road from Club Mac.

If I'm looking for downpoints they could only be small compact rooms(but big enough for what you need and the time you spend in them) and depending on when you go you need to expect the place to be busy as obviously it's huge and caters for a lot of people.
The Lagomonte in Alcudia is Fantastic too x
i can recommend the sol tordos/mirlos in palma nova it has excellant facilities for children of all ages and the adults to the entertainment is good it's on every night , the food is really good to rooms are a good size with english channels ,ice cream all day for the kids to games on during the day in the pool and out . the beach is just min away out the back gate which is secure got to use your room card to go in out , the hotel team are so good with the children ,the shows at night were grease, fantasia , and more like that they were outside on the big stage .inside there were four tops and other diffrent singers which were all good .
hope this helps :cheers
Personally I hated Alcudia, too big and spread out for me. I like the East coast; Sa Coma, S'illot, Cala Bona (not too keen on Cala Millor). Sa Coma has a lovely beach and some nice apartments with AI option if that's what you want. Why don't you try SC and then upgrade to AI when you have had a few nights eating out? Sa Coma is very family orientated by the Kings Head and the Britannia would be ok for your 17 year olds, lots of teens in there without being too over the top. I would feel ok with my 16/17 year old being there.
To be fair though if the OP is looking at AI they most probably have a budget in mind for the whole package.

I can only comment with regards to Alcudia but I would never ever recommend someone self catered there as it is expensive IMO. I book an AI package and then just take spends for when I want to eat and drink out so have the best of both worlds.
Hi there. Sometimes it's cheaper to upgrade to AI in resort (I think :think ). It's nice to get out and about a bit isn't it?
Thanks very much for all the sugestions guys....much appreciated :tup
You can't always upgrade in resort, oh yes I totally agree about getting out and about hence why I said that AI with spending money is the best of both worlds :)
Hi

alcudia is a fab place for families. theres allsorts to do and it can be as cheap or as expensive as you like..we've just come back from santa ponsa all inc at the rey don jaime. It was very good hotel and santa ponsa is very nice..depends whether you want to be out and about doing things or just stick round the hotel really..alcudia has more going on or palma nova also has similar things and is near 2 waterparks.
sol tordos/mirlos.mot far to travel from airport as well.plus a mcdonalds not far away.and the famous crazy golf 54 holes.lots of shops for the ladys.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.