Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Hi Katy,

Ive booked a one-bed privately owned apt in Aloha Puerto for July. I know Benal well and in the last 10 years or so have stayed up at Bonanza Sq area but I LOVE La Carihuela and the Marina and found a fab website who have 1 beds in Aloha Puerto. Who did you book with? My folks were out there a few weeks ago and said it is lovely. Its in an excellent position so taking away the fact that the euro rate is so rubbish, cant wait to get back.

Let me know if you want any more info.

Katz
I made a video a couple of years ago of the Aloha Puerto Sol, I hope this helps.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=111348

Just a pendantic point from me, that the Aloha Puerto Sol is situated in Torremolinos, and whilst it may be near to Benalmadena Marina.....it's Torremolinos. ;)
Sanji
Thanks Katz & Sanji

Have decided to go back to the Canaima Aparts that we stayed in 2 years ago, good position right on the beach but will have a look at the Aloha Playa while we're there. Have been to Ibiza, Majorca & Tenerife for the last 4 holidays but as you say the euro is rubbish - £9 for 2 coffees and brandy - hope it may be slightly better on the mainland!!

Katy
just got back and we paid between 2 and 3 euro for coffee and brandys, even around the marina
We stayed in a private apartment there a few years ago.

It's a great location, right on the promenade and close to the Marina.

I can't remember the room numbers but you would get sunshine at some point of the day, we were at the front (not beach side) of the hotel and we had sun right up until early evening, our view was of the mountains.

We didn't use the pool, it was a bit too busy for us although it was very clean and tidy, we used to stroll up to the Montemar area of the beach where there is grass and palm trees for some shade.

The quality of the private apartments varies depending on the owners, and as the apartments are described as 4 star in the Thompsons brochure we expected the same standard for our apartment but sadly it wasn't although we didn't let that spoil a wonderful holiday there.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.