Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Would I be right in saying that you've read the reviews on this website for Garden of Sun ?? Check out the Discussion on Altinkum topic by scrolling through the forum to October 8th, 2010.

Les
Thank you, Les, I've just had a read of the comments on that discussion forum - always good to learn of other people's experiences so would welcome any further snippets of information too.

Best wishes
I'm almost certain that Garden of Sun lay on transport to take you into Altinkum. On one side of this hotel there is a beach(not that brilliant) which is next to the new marina. Going towards Altinkum seafront you've got a funfair, this is under re-construction as I speak. Beyond the funfair you drop down a slope to where the boat trips operate from. Beyond this is where the better beach starts and also various bars and restaurants, most of which lay on some form of entertainment, especially Temmuz and Pinnochios(located about 2/3s of the way along this stretch).

For culture vultures there is the Temple of Apollo which sits at the top of Altinkum, a dolmus ride away. Beyond this is Mavisehire where there is a water park and also a market every evening from 5pm(best to get there about 6pm !!). The weekly market in Altinkum is held on saturday and most dolmus go there. For retail therapy, Love Tours do a shopping trip to a retail park(Kipa(Tesco) and IKEA are here) at Izmir for £10 a head(other excursions are also available through these people). Hope this helps you a little more.

Les
hi
the nightlife in altinkum is good teenagers love it .there are good places right along the front and really good eating places .there is a shopping centre also ,market is big and get good bargains. i did'nt stay in garden of sun but where we were which was quite cental the beach was lovely .when the bar is lively the young guys get on the tables and dance which teenagers love .there was 8 of us ranging from 17 to 45 and we all had a ball would go back again . :)
Thank you so much cruisecontroller and myra313 - I haven't looked back on here for a while as I have been away in Marbella for a break and normally posts get sent to my email account as well but this hasn't happened this time - must check my settings!

I'm looking forward to it even more now and will certainly walk along the coast to get to the better beach! Our youngsters love joing in with the animation teams so hopefully the Garden of Sun will have a good team in there.

I hope you have good holidays yourselves.

Best wishes
Hi Holidaygang, we've just returned from a working holiday in Altinkum(we have an apartment there) and the funfair I made mention of is fully up and running.

Les
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.